Mustang Evolution Forum banner

1 - 20 of 49 Posts

·
Premium Member
8,133 Posts
With the money you're gonna spend on the 5.4 you might as well get a power adder and have more power than a N/A car. That's unless you wanna be unique and really pursue N/A

·
Registered
430 Posts
I've drove a 2001 gt that had a lightning engine swap in it and that thing was scary fast on take off and all the way till I let out... It pulled freakin hard lol

·
Registered
1,120 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Yeah it seems like it would be really fast lol and if i got a 5.4 for cheap would it be worth it, I mean if I payed full price yeah that would be a lot of money. And other than a new good what else would need to be done to make it work??

·
Registered
1,120 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Yeah it seems like it would be really fast lol and if i got a 5.4 for cheap would it be worth it, I mean if I payed full price yeah that would be a lot of money. And other than a new good what else would need to be done to make it work??
*hood not good lol

·
Registered
437 Posts
A 5.4 2v would add lots of torque to the low end but not much more hp. A 4v 5.4 would be a bat out of hell!! but i dont think they even made 5.4 4v's with out a supercharger.

·
Registered
1,120 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
A 5.4 2v would add lots of torque to the low end but not much more hp. A 4v 5.4 would be a bat out of hell!! but i dont think they even made 5.4 4v's with out a supercharger.
Yeah like I know the 5.4L engine in my F150 is a 3v but I wouldn't use that engine, I love that truck ;) and yeah a 5.4 L 4v would be crazy

·
Registered
430 Posts
There would be quite a bit to swap out, unless your gonna build it and boost it I really wouldn't mess with it, not as much aftermarket for 5.4 as there is a 4.6..

·
Registered
55 Posts
The 5.4 just has a taller deck height. And a little wider. Pistons are same heads cams sensors computer. Everything is the same. Makes for a easy swap. I havr the write up on a 5.4 build if anybody is interested

·
Registered
1,120 Posts
Discussion Starter · #20 ·
The 5.4 just has a taller deck height. And a little wider. Pistons are same heads cams sensors computer. Everything is the same. Makes for a easy swap. I havr the write up on a 5.4 build if anybody is interested
I'd be interested in reading that write up, I'm always up for learning something new :)

1 - 20 of 49 Posts