Mustang Evolution Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
20 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have the stock 7.5 rear end w/ 3.73 & T-lock. I know that racing w/ slicks will put a hurting on the 7.5. What about drag radials. I was planning on getting a set of nitto's and just wanted to see if it was a good idea or not.

Thanks,
JOE

·
Registered
941 Posts
they seem to be fickle. i know some people that have just broken theirs while messing around on the streets, on street tires to boot. a guy named pete campbell cut about 100 1.7 60's on slicks before his grenaded. it comes down to basically, DO YOU FEEL LUCKY? :)

EDIT- i forgot about a buddy of mine... he racing on drag radils (nittos) and broke it at the track pulling 1.9's... however, the week before he ran on ET STREETS so that's probably what really did it in.

·
Registered
1,286 Posts
i have broken a 7.5 just driving on the street w/ stock tires before. but i have seen them support a 100 shot of nitrous off the line with a 4000rpm clutch drop... ON SLICKS. and it held up just fine.

like austin said, they vary a lot. nittos should be fine for driving around town. on the track, i suggest just dropping the psi to about 20-25 in the rear tires. just remember not to go in the waterbox also.

if youre still spinning out, get some lower control arms. that will help keep the tires planted on the ground.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts