Mustang Evolution Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
437 Posts
I just finished that project late summer, I bought it from MPS as stated above. Only thing about them is they give a crappy clutch that I roasted with in a month. It coast around $1500 in the end for me, but thats a DIY on six jackes in my garage with my dad and I both cussing a lot! Its one heck of a project but trust me its worth it!

·
Registered
1,001 Posts
To be honest the most cost effective way, both monetarily and in terms of aggravation and hassle, if to sell the auto tranny car and buy a 5-speed. They made a whole bunch of New-Edge GTs and they are rapidly approaching "a dime a dozen" you could probably sell your 2001 auto and buy a newer one for $1000 to $1500 net...

·
Registered
437 Posts
To be honest the most cost effective way, both monetarily and in terms of aggravation and hassle, if to sell the auto tranny car and buy a 5-speed. They made a whole bunch of New-Edge GTs and they are rapidly approaching "a dime a dozen" you could probably sell your 2001 auto and buy a newer one for $1000 to $1500 net...
You make it sound so easy.... Plus some I have a little bit of an attachment to my car lol there is a good amount of pride that comes from this swap also.

·
Registered
1,001 Posts
You make it sound so easy.... Plus some I have a little bit of an attachment to my car lol there is a good amount of pride that comes from this swap also.
All true, and I agree that the pride of DIY is priceless, in fact a large part of my way. Perhaps not practical, but nonetheless quite satisfying.

A close friend told me years ago that "Having someone else build and tune your car, then going around bragging about how fast it is, is just like paying someone else do your girlfriend and then going about bragging as to how good she is."

I have never in 50+ years paid anyone to tune an automobile or bike...

·
Lorraine's driver
8,212 Posts
All true, and I agree that the pride of DIY is priceless, in fact a large part of my way. Perhaps not practical, but nonetheless quite satisfying.

A close friend told me years ago that "Having someone else build and tune your car, then going around bragging about how fast it is, is just like paying someone else do your girlfriend and then going about bragging as to how good she is."

Lol, your friend is funny. :)

·
Registered
2,907 Posts

+1000000

1 - 8 of 8 Posts