Mustang Evolution Forum banner

1 - 20 of 38 Posts

·
Registered
57 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
The question may not be in the right forum area but, here it is anyways. What is the actual year model that the 50th anniversary will be? I have heard several different things and I figured I would ask the place that knows more than any others!

·
Moderator Emeritus
4,786 Posts
The redesign anniversary car will be 2015.. Pricing already announced for 2014. They wouldn't release pricing before a a redesigned car.... Old news and the is a section for this.

·
It's not me, it's you.
6,752 Posts
It's kinda weird that the anniversary edition comes out right before the model change. I'm sure it all strategy to sell more cars.

·
Moderator Emeritus
4,786 Posts
The thing that puzzles me is, the 2009 was the 45th anniversary car and then the model change in 2010. Why would they skip a year? :confused:
Same in 89' for the 25th..
I see 90' model cars advertised as ani cars all the time though..

·
Registered
1,890 Posts
The thing that puzzles me is, the 2009 was the 45th anniversary car and then the model change in 2010. Why would they skip a year? :confused:
It seems like ford has always missed the boat with anniversary cars. It's usually not much more than badging, 2009 probably had the most changes, but never any fanfare.

·
Registered
3,783 Posts
primer2tone said:
I googled it, I guess it depends which site you go to. Some say 14, others say 15.

·
Moderator Emeritus
4,786 Posts

·
Moderator Emeritus
4,786 Posts
A 1/2 year model to start in hindsight may not have been the best idea.. Or worst for that matter.. Sure has made for some interesting convo/debate. But to do an ani car in 14' with a redesign 15' would be an awful idea.. It would not make any sense at all.. Ppl would be steered away from both 14' ani cars because of the pending redesign and steered away from the 15' because of the ani car the prior year(14'). It just wouldn't be logical at all... Then you'd have ppl like me who would be turned off from both based simply on the obvious mishandling of the entire situation if the 14' were the ani and the 15' the redesign.. Hope this makes sense to more then just me..

And a 1/2 year model this late(50years later) is just entirely impractical IMO.

·
Registered
1,890 Posts
The first mustang was produced at a rather odd time. I imagine it'll be released in the fall of 2014 making it a 2015 mustang.
It's supposed to be released April 15, 2014 to support the actual anniversary. But it could be just an unveiling and not necessarily for sale that date. No one seems to know what it looks like or when you can buy it, so time will tell.

·
Registered
598 Posts
Only Ford really knows. Since there have been many posts that the 2014 order books are already released, I expect that the 2015 will be the anniversary edition. IIRC, there have been a few mentions that it's getting released April 17, 2014. Wonder what the significance there is? ;) BTW, there were no MY1964 cars, they were all MY1965, so the 2015 is the logical 50th anniversary MY.

·
Registered
1,890 Posts
Only Ford really knows. Since there have been many posts that the 2014 order books are already released, I expect that the 2015 will be the anniversary edition. IIRC, there have been a few mentions that it's getting released April 17, 2014. Wonder what the significance there is? ;) BTW, there were no MY1964 cars, they were all MY1965, so the 2015 is the logical 50th anniversary MY.
But there is a difference between the initial (1964 1/2) model and the later 1965 model. They were essentially the same car, but the first model had a generator and not an alternator like the later 1965 model with a few other subtle differences and hence the reason people call them 1964 1/2. I guess that was easier than having to reference three production models of the 1965 instead of the normal two runs. But technically it's 3 production runs of the 1965 model. Which is rumored to be that the 2015 will be an April 17, 2014 car. But like you said only Ford knows what the hell is going to happen, hopefully.

·
Registered
3,783 Posts
deadsp0t said:
A 1/2 year model to start in hindsight may not have been the best idea.. Or worst for that matter.. Sure has made for some interesting convo/debate. But to do an ani car in 14' with a redesign 15' would be an awful idea.. It would not make any sense at all.. Ppl would be steered away from both 14' ani cars because of the pending redesign and steered away from the 15' because of the ani car the prior year(14'). It just wouldn't be logical at all... Then you'd have ppl like me who would be turned off from both based simply on the obvious mishandling of the entire situation if the 14' were the ani and the 15' the redesign.. Hope this makes sense to more then just me..

Makes perfect sense .

·
Registered
1,890 Posts

It's hard to imagine that they would do the 14 as the 50th anniversary. I bet they have the 2015 as the 50th and an early release. But they did the same thing in 2009 with 45th and then a new design in 2010. Who the hell knows?

1 - 20 of 38 Posts