Mustang Evolution Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
208 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
My wife had the truck tied up using the livestock trailer so I decided to drive to the track on my 275/60-15 555R instead of trailering it with my 275 pro's. It sucked!!! I tried 18lbs and a good burnout. Spun first and second gear with a 1.85 60ft and 11.505 best and went downhill from there as the track got worse

2013 GT TVS Auto Swapped

·
Registered
3,036 Posts
I drive to the track on bias slicks with stock radials up front all the time. I don't even air them up. It's fine. No apex strafing obviously.

I don't really dig DRs. I find them unpredictable and when they let rip, they don't come back. A true slick keeps trying to hold or regain traction.

·
Registered
208 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
It is 70 miles to the track for me. I have had pretty good luck with the 275 mt pro's, but when track is not prepped for the midnights i can see where a slick would be better

2013 GT TVS Auto Swapped

·
Registered
208 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
I drive to the track on bias slicks with stock radials up front all the time. I don't even air them up. It's fine. No apex strafing obviously.

I don't really dig DRs. I find them unpredictable and when they let rip, they don't come back. A true slick keeps trying to hold or regain traction.

I have 225/60-17 fronts. Would a stiff sidewall slick sway much with that setup?

2013 GT TVS Auto Swapped

1 - 4 of 4 Posts