Mustang Evolution Forum banner

1 - 20 of 55 Posts

·
Registered
2,401 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
What's yall's opinion on if Ford converted the 6.2L SOHC Raptor V8 into a high revving mustang motor??

·
The Blue Dragon
5,661 Posts
IF it happened it would be a Shelby only thing, I don't know that there's enough room to fit the 6.2 in the mustang, especially not the new ones, they're down sizing the car and the 5.8 barely fits

·
ME Bloodhound
14,699 Posts
I think they should stick with lower displacement, it looks a hell of a lot better when a 5.0 makes as much horsepower as a much higher displacement 6.2L LS engine.

·
Registered
2,401 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Soccerluvr4 said:
I think they should stick with lower displacement, it looks a hell of a lot better when a 5.0 makes as much horsepower as a much higher displacement 6.2L LS engine.
Exactly...so think of what a 6.2 could do?!

·
Registered
571 Posts
I would love it! Keep with the true muscle car persona! Big motor, bad steering and little brakes! Haha, I think it would be great though. Then have Hennessy twin turbo it! 800+ hp. It would be awesome!

·
Registered
2,401 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
DerekJohnScott said:
I would love it! Keep with the true muscle car persona! Big motor, bad steering and little brakes! Haha, I think it would be great though. Then have Hennessy twin turbo it! 800+ hp. It would be awesome!
Orrrrr, have about a 480HP natural motor in a car with IRS, huge brakes, and the best American steering...aka, the 2015 mustang!

·
Registered
571 Posts
08Mustang said:
Orrrrr, have about a 480HP natural motor in a car with IRS, huge brakes, and the best American steering...aka, the 2015 mustang!
Haha, yeah I guess that would be better. I still like the idea of a TT mustang though, or twin super.

·
ME Bloodhound
14,699 Posts
I think something that gives the Mustangs it's character is its LRA, maybe it's just me but I think they should stick with it for a while instead of IRS.

·
Registered
598 Posts
I think something that gives the Mustangs it's character is its LRA, maybe it's just me but I think they should stick with it for a while instead of IRS.
49 years isn't long enough? The Mustang is one of the last holdouts using a stick out back. Actually, off the top of my head, I can't think of a passenger car platform still using one except the Mustang.

·
Registered
325 Posts

·
Registered
2,401 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
DDTCM said:
Is this something Ford has talked about somewhere in a article or is this something you just want to get opinions on?
Nah I've just seen it on other forums

·
Registered
450 Posts
Twin turbo the beast, irs, big brakes all around and keep it looking old school and you would have a winner for sure. Holy crap it would be hard to create traction though. I bet it would sound amazing though.

1 - 20 of 55 Posts