Mustang Evolution Forum banner

60mm TB from 99-04

2K views 12 replies 7 participants last post by  RGR 
#1 ·
For my project RDX intake, I think I'm going to need a stock TB from a 99-04. Let me know if any of you have one.

#4 ·
#6 ·
charlie6n said:
If your still looking for a stock t-body, I have one. I have a 2004 mustang V6 and changed it with a BBK 70mm t-body. PM me if you are still looking for one.
What kinda stuff you got on your car? 70mm is pretty big and for a car that new I'm wondering if you have enough work on the car to warrant such a big TB.

#7 ·
charlie6n said:
If your still looking for a stock t-body, I have one. I have a 2004 mustang V6 and changed it with a BBK 70mm t-body. PM me if you are still looking for one.

How much, shipped to 47805 zip code?

As for TB sizes, you can't really "over-TB" a motor like being "over-carbed"
But you need post removal to really use a 70mm on an SPI motor. 70mm
will probably work on any 3.8 combo, but not really be needed for most.
Post removal is even good for a stock TB and unmodified motor, one guy
I know showed 5 RWHP gains from that alone.

#8 ·
RGR said:
How much, shipped to 47805 zip code?

As for TB sizes, you can't really "over-TB" a motor like being "over-carbed"
But you need post removal to really use a 70mm on an SPI motor. 70mm
will probably work on any 3.8 combo, but not really be needed for most.
Post removal is even good for a stock TB and unmodified motor, one guy
I know showed 5 RWHP gains from that alone.

What's post removal? Is it easy to do?/How do you do it?

#10 ·
NJStang86 said:
What kinda stuff you got on your car? 70mm is pretty big and for a car that new I'm wondering if you have enough work on the car to warrant such a big TB.

I have a MAC CAI, BBK 70mm T-body, Motoblue U/D Pullies, Magnaflow dual exhaust, SCT chip, and Bullitt handling system. Its still under construction. A buddy of mine told me that if I put in a bigger MAF that my intake system would get a whole lot more push. He suggested a C&L 73mm mass air meter. Any truth to this?

#12 ·
charlie6n said:
I have a MAC CAI, BBK 70mm T-body, Motoblue U/D Pullies, Magnaflow dual exhaust, SCT chip, and Bullitt handling system. Its still under construction. A buddy of mine told me that if I put in a bigger MAF that my intake system would get a whole lot more push. He suggested a C&L 73mm mass air meter. Any truth to this?

Yeah, wait for the cam/porting stuff before you do the MAF.
Then it will help alot. Especially with a stroker. Use a Lightning
MAF, they are cheaper, bigger, and easier to tune.

You have insufficient privileges to reply here.