Mustang Evolution Forum banner

1 - 20 of 43 Posts

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have a chance to buy a 65 coupe and 69 mach 1 s code 390 4 speed. Both project cars. $1000 for the coupe and $2500 for mach 1. Coupe has a decent body 289 4 barrel. But door tag doesn't match the vin under the hood ! Mach 1 has all matching door tag and serial # but does have a dent in trunk hatch and rear quarter panel as well as the door. Some surface rust. I haven't had a chance to dig further and look for any significant more rust. Just looking for you experts to give me your opinions ! I will try to upload pictures

Attachments

·
Registered
7,204 Posts
Booner170 said:
I have a chance to buy a 65 coupe and 69 mach 1 s code 390 4 speed. Both project cars. $1000 for the coupe and $2500 for mach 1. Coupe has a decent body 289 4 barrel. But door tag doesn't match the vin under the hood ! Mach 1 has all matching door tag and serial # but does have a dent in trunk hatch and rear quarter panel as well as the door. Some surface rust. I haven't had a chance to dig further and look for any significant more rust. Just looking for you experts to give me your opinions ! I will try to upload pictures
Buy the mach. BTW where is this located I know a guy lookin for a 65 body.

·
Registered
7,204 Posts
Booner170 said:
More pics! Can I only load 1 picture per post
No you can post 8 per I believe

---------- Post added at 10:51 PM ---------- Previous post was at 10:48 PM ----------

I wanna take a drive to Minnesota to by a mach 1 lol

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
So are you saying $2500 is a good deal? I don't know much about restorations and am afraid that I would bite off more than I can chew and be stuck with the car

·
Registered
7,204 Posts
Booner170 said:
So are you saying $2500 is a good deal? I don't know much about restorations and am afraid that I would bite off more than I can chew and be stuck with the car
If its a real mach with all original everything I would buy it. I'm no expert but I think its a good deal.

·
Registered
7,204 Posts
For some reason I couldn't load ur pics from the app but I went to the site and looked at them. The 65 looks solid, but the mach is beat to Hell. It's gonna need a lot of body work. If you have never done anything like this I would not suggest the mach, but rather the 65. The 69 is way more rare and better looking imo but its gonna take A LOT more work. And a lot more money to restore .

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Yea I know fortunately I have a buddie who does body work and my wife's uncle is a welder. I guess I have time on my side to.

·
Registered
7,204 Posts
Booner170 said:
Yea I know fortunately I have a buddie who does body work and my wife's uncle is a welder. I guess I have time on my side to.
Man I wish I lived by you lol Hell I would help you, that car needs to be restored. That's a piece of history that deserves a new life.

·
Registered
7,204 Posts
" I have owned my 69 390 S code Mach 1 for 10 years now. It is very hard to find info on the 390's. I have heard that the production of these rare cars hovers around the 1,100 mark."

" The '69 390 'stang in any configuration was the absolute rarest one built, By then all the performance guys wanted the 428CJ and very few were built."

·
Registered
1,890 Posts
Dude what are you waiting for? Grab the Mach without thinking twice. If its not a rust bucket and its just the dent go for it.

·
Registered
1,890 Posts
Buy both cars, part out the coupe and put that money into the Mach.

1 - 20 of 43 Posts