Mustang Evolution Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I'm considering selling my '65 Mustang Coupe and took a look at Hagerty's Price Valuation website to see what kinda value my car has. I was SHOCKED to see that the '65 Coupe has increased in value by more than 20% over the last 3 months. Can anybody shed some light as to why this might be?

Here is the website link.
Price Guide Report

Jason

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #3 (Edited)
Prices go up as summer gets here
I thought that might have been the case, but looking at the historical movement of the value of the car, Hagerty has no "blips" of this magnitude in the months leading up to the summer.

Still, a 20%+ increase over 3 months is dramatic. I've e-mailed Hagerty for clarification as to the reason of the increase.

Could this be attributed to the fact that the Mustang is about the celebrate it's 50th Anniversary?

·
Registered
1,890 Posts
auctions like that inflate real world prices also so keep that in mind
Auctions have become real popular on TV recently as we'll as more shows about restoring and selling at auction. The 50th doesn't hurt either.

·
Registered
509 Posts
I think coupes are becoming more popular as convertibles and fastbacks are so rare to begin with. If you want a '65 or '66, the coupes are about all that's left. Next the 6 cylinders will go up since engine swaps are so easy.

Still 20% is a big jump.

·
Registered
2 Posts
I think coupes are becoming more popular as convertibles and fastbacks are so rare to begin with. If you want a '65 or '66, the coupes are about all that's left. Next the 6 cylinders will go up since engine swaps are so easy.

Still 20% is a big jump.
I don't know about that If you go down to Texas you'll be able to find any car your looking for they have this clunker law there that makes it hard for people that live there hard to restore cars that's why my father bought his 68 Torino so cheap

·
Registered
216 Posts
I've lived in Texas for 37 years and never heard of any clunker law.
The only reason I can see why it's so hard to spend time and money on a restoration here is because its too friggin hot 360 days of the year to work on anything.
Granted there are many, many cars here, I actually found my 66 coupe in Oklahoma, drove it back to Texas and began my garage restoration on it.

·
Registered
509 Posts
There may be pockets of unrestored affordable convertibles and fastbacks here and there, but I think it is safe to say they are hard to find. The ones you see for sale are expensive survivors or restorations. Unrestored 6 cylinder coupes are more abundant. Production numbers alone ensure that this will be the case. I am speaking in generalities here.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts