Mustang Evolution Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
38 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I found a 65 4 barrel mustan v-8 with a 289 manual 4 speed tranny the car have headers and flowmasters,the a/c works and looks good for being that old no bondo minor scratches the car runs but it's being sitting in the guy garange for like 10 years so I have to change all the fluids and some other parts he want's 6k is this a good deal for how much this cars go

·
Registered
32 Posts
buy it or in a few years they r going to be so expensive that maybe you won't be able to afford it or if you do u will say anyways why I didn't buy that cheap mustang back in the day

the minimum price for this cars in OK conditions are 7k and in perfect are from 10k to 40k in a coupe

·
Registered
41 Posts
If it's in the condition you say , grab it and do all the service work on it and enjoy . '65 Pony with air is a rare bird, coupe or fastback ?

·
Registered
27 Posts
wow great deal its a 65 2 door coupe pony with the amazing 289 most ppl dont know how scarce them engines are becoming and you have the tranny to match. im a ford nut and one persom mentioning rust and gunk build up is probally right, but if that person new what he had and set it down for 10 yrs he probally new what it be worth one day. hey if you buy it and deside not to fix it it to much head ache or you dont perchase it contact me ill buy it with out seeing it no bs. that engine can be built for more horses then any ford engine except maybe 429cj and that trans wow it make a dragster like me have a great day. thats one hot rod from the factory!!!

·
Registered
37 Posts
That really sounds like a great deal! Go for it. Change all the fluids, a full tune-up, and change any hoses/wires that look bad. If he kept fuel in it the gas tank should be flushed.

·
Registered
45 Posts
I'd be very careful with this one, it's very easy to get more invested in a coupe than it will be worth when done....

·
Registered
38 Posts
Yea, sounds like a good deal. BUT, why did it sit in the garage for 10 years? What made him park it? Really?

You didn't say how the interior was. Just pray you don't need to replace the headliner.

I picked up mustang that was setting for 8 years. I wound up having to replace the whole fuel line, couldn't remove the buildup from setting so long. I also had to pull the tank and clean it out. Cleaned up the carb. Changed the oil Bled the brakes. Flushed the radiator. Didn't do anything to the trans (C4) or rear end -- worked great. Put air in tires.

I sure would be nice to hear the engine run, not hearing that could be a problem if he's spun a bearing and not disclosed it to you.

Still, sounds like a good deal.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts