Mustang Evolution Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
23 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
If I ad a 2 barrel carb to my 200ci mustang will i need stronger pistons, ect. At what horsepower increase would i need stronger engine parts?

·
Registered
40 Posts
The 200 6 was engineered the way the factory installed it---how old is it and what are you trying to do with a 6?? An old 6 is tired---can't you leave it alone and enjoy whatever life it has left in it?? A 2 barrel is like fertilizing an acre with a fart--it will do no good. Isn't gasoline getting a little expensive to be fooling with cars and burning more gas??

·
Registered
45 Posts
Wheelbarrow full of $100 bills, and "slick ("performance parts") salesman", - plus a willing mechainc!

You can make it go like a "scalded cat" if you pour enough money on it!

The answer to all the other questions is "yes"! -- If you don't put in "heavier parts" (everywhere), - save the wheelbarrow to carry parts home with when you go out!

·
Registered
19 Posts
You would neet stronger (and better ) engine parts to do anything to increase horsepower that you could even feel from the drivers seat in that 6 cylinder!

·
Registered
45 Posts
Chris, even if you had a four barrel or dual four barrel 289 it would be a weak sister. I don't want to sound harsh but in the sixties I dispoesd of every one of them I ever met at the drag strip or street. I only had a 65 Chevelle with a 350 hp. 327 with 3:73 gears and a wide box Muncy 4 speed.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts