Mustang Evolution Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
i'm having some trouble with my transmission in my '66. i've already checked the fluid, it seems to be good. however, the car is having trouble changing gears. when i shift from park to reverse, it acts as if its in neutral and just sits.
any ideas on what might be causing this?

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
could be worn out. hadn't thought about checking that out. when i bought the car, the guy that sold it to me said he had gotten it from an elderly woman who let it sit in the garage and that it had all the original parts. probably does need replacing.

·
Registered
244 Posts
My transmission finally went out on me last week. It's an automatic and it would only grab reverse. I had my car towed to a shop to get fixed and I was told that the clutch was ruined. Should be like brand new when I get it back tomorrow! Research for a good trans shop and you could get it rebuilt for less than $1000.

·
Registered
243 Posts
LukeRailey68 said:
My transmission finally went out on me last week. It's an automatic and it would only grab reverse. I had my car towed to a shop to get fixed and I was told that the clutch was ruined. Should be like brand new when I get it back tomorrow! Research for a good trans shop and you could get it rebuilt for less than $1000.
Yep, same with mine. I just did a engine swap with mine. I figured it would avoid future hassle. Hope all works out for you :)

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Thanks for the suggestions! Hopefully I can get this all worked out soon. I need to be able to get to work with this car!

·
Registered
509 Posts
Did you get it figured out? My vote was for loss of prime internally. I also have C4 so am curious. Hope it worked out OK.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts