Mustang Evolution Forum banner

1 - 20 of 340 Posts

·
Registered
3,480 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I can't really find a good forum for t birds and recently got one so I figure is start a thread on here sense it's just a mustangs fat older sister haha

Anyways like the title says it's a 66, it's got a 390 with an auto. Car was is In pretty good shape for the price.

The whole car pretty much needs a whole resto but has a lot of usable parts on it. No rot but some surface rust and needs a driver fender. And the engine needs new freeze plugs and a good cleaning

The interior is in pretty good shape just needs a head liner and carpet.

Body is straight just needs some work in the rocker panel and quarter other than that just a few little dings here and there.

It has power windows, locks brakes and steering and lots of other things

The car doesn't really need a whole lot just a lot of time.

As of now I've torn off all the engine accessories and hood/grill to get ready to pull the motor. And gave it a good washing. And cleaned it out. I'm in the car around 1200 including a new carb/rebuild kit towing a few other small items and the car itself. Hoping to get some help from you guys when I get stumped!

I don't have any pictures on my phone I'll post some in a bit from my laptop.

·
Premium Member
6,697 Posts
We've talked about ole T-bird before, what's the carb? 2 or 4? I can't remember, it's been so long.

Adventure till you drop

·
Registered
3,480 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
4 the stock one was frozen so I got a Holley for get which one and a rebuild kit and right before I tried to start it I filled it with water and it just pored out of the freeze plugs

·
Registered
8,245 Posts
I was just today (yesterday) wondering if you were going to give us an update on the T-bird.
I have some cool factory FE high performance parts that I'll post some pictures of as soon as I can get a chance to take some!

Awesome!
This will be a nice thread to follow along.
:)

·
Registered
3,480 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
I was just today (yesterday) wondering if you were going to give us an update on the T-bird.
I have some cool factory FE high performance parts that I'll post some pictures of as soon as I can get a chance to take some!

Awesome!
This will be a nice thread to follow along.
:)

Nice yeah all this weird v8 stuff is really confusing haha :thumb: I am looking forward to working on this car lots a weird things. And at least this time I'll have an idea of what I'm doing this time

·
Premium Member
1,374 Posts
Wow, that looks pretty nice!

·
Registered
25 Posts
Wow nice car where do I find one of those lol. Keep us updated.

Sent from my iPhone using Mustang Evolution

·
Registered
3,480 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
Thanks guys yeah couldn't pass up the deal. And just local CL I always surf it for good deals

·
Registered
3,480 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
Well got the engine out tonight. Surprisingly easily, only broke one bolt on a exhaust clamp other than that it all came off with no heat/penetrating oil. Then I started to take apart two engine and that's where the fun started..... I let the pictures do the talking. And do every one a favor and change your oil people 😞 ImageUploadedByMustang Evolution1434959054.545748.jpg ImageUploadedByMustang Evolution1434959076.998418.jpg ImageUploadedByMustang Evolution1434959088.347893.jpg ImageUploadedByMustang Evolution1434959099.682086.jpg ImageUploadedByMustang Evolution1434959111.117294.jpg ImageUploadedByMustang Evolution1434959122.050911.jpg ImageUploadedByMustang Evolution1434959134.286173.jpg ImageUploadedByMustang Evolution1434959144.316087.jpg

·
Registered
457 Posts
Cool car... You (or at least I don't) see very many of them.

390 is maybe my favorite motor, I had a 66 Galaxie for awhile with a 390 and Dad has had a couple of them in his 76 F150.

Sent from my iPhone using Mustang Evolution

·
Premium Member
6,697 Posts
There was a 69 mach at the car show here, Saturday. It has a 390 in it sucker sounded mean; I think it had super 10s on it...

Adventure till you drop.

1 - 20 of 340 Posts