Mustang Evolution Forum banner

81 - 100 of 340 Posts

·
Registered
3,480 Posts
Discussion Starter #81
That's pretty sweet looking. I'll trade you my boat anchor of an intake and carb for that lol

·
Registered
457 Posts
Here is pretty rare OEM Ford FE 3X2 intake manifold.
I couldn't remember if it was from a T-bird or a Galaxie. After looking at it again, it's off of a Galaxie. The Thunderbird manifolds had all of the carburetors sitting level on the intake, due to the engine sitting relatively level in the chassis. The Galaxie manifolds have the carburetors sitting at a slight incline from front to rear due to the engine being at an angle in the chassis.
This is a 428 SCJ that I am likely going to remove from this boat and hopefully it will end up in a car that it originally came in.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I747 using Mustang Evolution mobile app

Fixed.

And that's awesome. Back in that brief time I had a 66 Galaxie, I wanted a duel quad intake. Those are such neat cars!

Sent from my iPhone using Mustang Evolution

·
Registered
8,245 Posts
That's pretty sweet looking. I'll trade you my boat anchor of an intake and carb for that lol
I was kind of hoping that it was a Thunderbird manifold so that we could work out a deal where you are making payments on it for the next 5-10 years, or give me your first born child or something like that...
;)

I'm not sure if it will work on your car Travis. Ford must have had a reason to make two different manifolds for the Thunderbirds and the Galaxies.

·
Registered
8,245 Posts
Fixed.

And that's awesome. Back in that brief time I had a 66 Galaxie, I wanted a duel quad intake. Those are such neat cars!

Lol
I must have read this ten times before I finally figured out what I did wrong. Something only a former Galaxie owner would catch! The 2015 Ford Galaxy uses the traditional spelling.

When I was a teen, while we were rigging that boat, I used to tell my dad that he should have just used a single four barrel on that engine... Because I was so brilliant as a teen. :whistling: He used to tell me that this was way cooler than any four barrel.
That Tripower worked really well though. I was surprised! It only runs on the center carburetor until about half throttle and then the outer two carburetors kick in from half throttle to full throttle. It makes it a very tourqey engine at low RPM's without sacrificing horsepower up top.

·
Registered
3,480 Posts
Discussion Starter #86
You know I'm not sure about them being at an angle because in my t bird the was a wedged shaped carb spacer?

·
Registered
8,245 Posts
I believe that you are correct!
They were only available on the third generation T-birds in 62-63. Your car is a fourth generation T-bird so it likely has the engine set at an incline, in a more conventional layout.
The 3X2 manifold was a factory option on the FE engines for only 3 years, 61-63. That's why the original OEM manifolds are so rare. For the rest of the FE "run", the factory hot rod manifolds were all 2X4's.

·
Registered
3,480 Posts
Discussion Starter #88
I believe that you are correct!

They were only available on the third generation T-birds in 62-63. Your car is a fourth generation T-bird so it likely has the engine set at an incline, in a more conventional layout.

The 3X2 manifold was a factory option on the FE engines for only 3 years, 61-63. That's why the original OEM manifolds are so rare. For the rest of the FE "run", the factory hot rod manifolds were all 2X4's.

That's pretty ba that you have that! All this talk is making me want one haha. All I know is that cast intake is one heavy sob and it needs to go!

·
Registered
3,480 Posts
Discussion Starter #89
The more I think about this car the more and more it calls for a coyote swap with air ride and a deep candy red with a black top on so 18s... If only money grew on trees

·
Registered
457 Posts
Coyotes are cool but for your car, I'd stick with a 390/427/428. Those are cool motors

·
Registered
3,480 Posts
Discussion Starter #93
I'm not worried about the power, it's more of the fact of fuel injection, drivability and a 6 speed.

·
Registered
3,480 Posts
Discussion Starter #95
Yeah I'm sure there would be something needed I haven't really looked into it that much just some wishful thinking right now haha

·
Registered
3,480 Posts
Discussion Starter #96
Well the more I look the less there is on swapping one.... Which makes me want to do it more. And for a relatively low cost compared to having to rebuild my engine/transmission and front suspension already it would probably be about the same. I don't know if I would even have to touch the tunnel actually because I can use a c4/AOD transmission which is a plus. Only thing that might be a problem is the width of the engine. Everything else is very doable

·
Registered
509 Posts
The new mustang monthly has an article on the coyote swap

Sent from my SM-T700 using Mustang Evolution mobile app

·
Registered
3,480 Posts
Discussion Starter #99
I've pretty much read every article on coyote swaps lol and am getting way ahead of my self here but why not dream lol. Anyways anyone have options on ride tech vs accu air? I'm kinda digging the accuair controls and auto leveling

81 - 100 of 340 Posts