Mustang Evolution Forum banner

1 - 20 of 27 Posts

·
Registered
847 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Just acquired this beauty, figured she deserves her own thread...has a few mods I would have done differently, but that gives me something to look forward to

Attachments

·
Registered
847 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Strange thing is...internals are forged (347 stroker kit), coated shorty headers, edelbrock lifters/cam/CARB/waterpump, billet March serpentine front end with classic auto A/C, but stocker rockers, pushrods, heads, etc..massive power waiting to be unleashed.....just dynoed180 rwhp, 245 lb torque LOL...the hidden beast hasn't even woke up yet

Fully documented and photographed build. C code California car that started out pink (rose).

Sent from my HTC One using Mustang Evolution mobile app

·
Registered
847 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Haven't found CR on paperwork yet (3 days and still going through build receipts)...edelbrock cam and lifters are still in the box, so a something else is in there.

Just finished dynamatting the trunk, now entire.car is soundproofed, waiting on trunk mat. Have a mirror to install and tranny kick down cable.but she's ready enough to show tomorrow

Attachments

·
Registered
847 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Do you know what the compression ratio is?
Which Edelbrock cam does it have?
Finally tracked engine stats----Probe performance 347 stroker kit (forged pistons, rods, crank, rings, bearings) compression is somewhere between 10:1 and 10:6, based on head CC's, stock heads rebuilt, but not ported, stock cam.

Dyno curve is ridiculous, 182rwhp, 245torque. Massive HP to be unleashed with new heads and cam, nothing but fun and power in her future.

·
Registered
8,244 Posts
Finally tracked engine stats----Probe performance 347 stroker kit (forged pistons, rods, crank, rings, bearings) compression is somewhere between 10:1 and 10:6, based on head CC's, stock heads rebuilt, but not ported, stock cam.

Dyno curve is ridiculous, 182rwhp, 245torque. Massive HP to be unleashed with new heads and cam, nothing but fun and power in her future.

I was curious because the power numbers seemed a little low. I was wondering if possibly the engine had a low CR for future boost, but that is apparently not the case.
You definitely have a lot of untapped power potential there! Let the tuning begin! :thumb:

·
Registered
313 Posts
Nice ride!!!
Yes it looks like you found a nice unfinished project!

Edelbrock makes 2 cam kits: Performer plus (the small one, more daily perf)
Performer RPM (the big one, more street machine)

@ OxfordWhite: why would you get rid of the msd?

·
Registered
847 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
Yup, I have the performer plus and lifters, no rush to install as this thing is already really torquey for around town daily driving.

My MSD system has worked flawless right down to the high torque heat wrapped mini starter, so I'm quite happy with that.

Just finished reupholstering back seat and install on upgraded 3 point billet seatbelts, and didn't have to mess with my molded headliner 👍

Also finally got hood to close right and installed passenger mirror (scary drilling on this beast, lol)

Attachments

1 - 20 of 27 Posts