Mustang Evolution Forum banner

21 - 27 of 27 Posts

·
Registered
331 Posts
I have had terrible experiences with eddelbrock cams. I had a performer plus with eddy lifters and correct springs in my car after I rebuilt the motor. I performed the 30min can run in procedure and ran the correct oil and had lash set to 2/3 turn past 0 as per their specs. The cam wiped itself out within 6k miles trashing a fresh rebuild. I contacted eddelbrock and they agreed that it was a crappy cam core from their Chinese plant with poor QC that caused the failure. Even then they refused to compensate me for a replacement cam......... Needless to say I've gone to comp cams since then with zero issues.

Smoke tires not drugs

·
Registered
724 Posts
I did not say that sucks. First I like to say that your car is out standing. Just IMHO there are better ignitions out there for that quality of a car. XDI and XDI2 would be one, others might be Crane HEI or perhaps Pertronics. My choice for a car of your quality would be a crank fired system like the XDI2 or similar system. A restomod of your status should get a up to date electronic ignition. I certainly did not mean to cast aspersions on your car or the way it's put together. Just my 2 cents, that's all. Bajo con dijos Amigo.

·
Registered
847 Posts
Discussion Starter #25
I might be misreading it, but that sounded like he was more curious than offended. Good info though!
It was OP that was curious, lol, I actually love this MSD setup, great spark, fires instantly even when cold, as far as being "up to date", well it's from 2012, so that's pretty up to date in my book.
On a even sweeter note, gas cap and dash emblem have happened 👍

Sent from my HTC One using Mustang Evolution mobile app

21 - 27 of 27 Posts