Registered
1,890 Posts

·
Registered
280 Posts
Discussion Starter #84
I look forward to seeing this done.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Me too! Me too, I've got so many big plans! Have to really keep myself in check when talking to my wife about it. I'll just be rambling on about this and that upgrade and all she is thinking is, how much does that cost? Do you need it ? LOL

Sent from my iPad using Mustang Evolution

·
Registered
280 Posts
Discussion Starter #86
Looking good.
I just had to replace leaking axle seals and bearings.

Chevy runs deep, don't step in Chevy.

Sounds like a messy job, at least I always end up with grease a lot of places on me rather than the bearings it was meant for. Somebody's gotta do it tho.

·
Registered
112 Posts
Me too! Me too, I've got so many big plans! Have to really keep myself in check when talking to my wife about it. I'll just be rambling on about this and that upgrade and all she is thinking is, how much does that cost? Do you need it ? LOL

My wife is the same way with me lol.

·
Registered
280 Posts
Discussion Starter #88
My wife is the same way with me lol.

All in all mine is pretty supportive of it, I just have to stop talking when she gets that glazed over look, LOL I'll get too excited talking to her about it and give her Way more info than she wanted..

Sent from my SM-G900V using Mustang Evolution mobile app

·
Registered
679 Posts
I'm excited for this car - it's going to be fun!

My wife and I set up allowances for ourselves (yes, we get the same amount). She tends to spend hers each month - I saved mine for years and bought a car. It keeps the separation of need budget and want budget separate. It sounds weird, but it works really well.

·
Registered
280 Posts
Discussion Starter #90
My son & I bled the brakes again today, got a Little more pedal but this was the results at the master cylinder. .looks like leakage to me...is it possible to just replace the rubber seal? Or whole new master cylinder?

·
Registered
679 Posts
Maybe. If your gasket isn't in great shape, brake fluid tends to find every crack it can. Or it could be some that spilled during the bleed. I'd take a look at the gasket and see what shape it's in and go from there.

·
Registered
884 Posts
Leaking master cylinder?

If you are talking cover gasket yes you can replace just that. Well in 1993 I was able to, I don't know why that would have changed.

http://www.cjponyparts.com/catalogsearch/result/index/?product_applications_year=1968&product_type=Brake+Master+Cylinders&q=68+mustang+master

If you are talking out the ports then nope time for a new MC.

Or you could try a rebuild
http://www.cjponyparts.com/master-cylinder-rebuild-kit-power-drum-1967-1970/p/MK488/

·
Registered
280 Posts
Discussion Starter #94
Yea I found gasket replacement on cj pony for 4 bucks. It starts from top of MC with leakage so has to be gasket..just frustrating. ..gonna attempt to adjust drum brakes today..any suggestions on how far to adjust out? Do you want the shoes touching drums when spin wheel?

·
Registered
884 Posts
I adjust them until I hear them touch when turning by hand. I then back them off a half turn or so. Seems to have always walked for me. Just make sure your E-brake is off when you do this.

·
Registered
1,890 Posts
Rusted tight adjusters make it a lil harder to adjust brakes..

Get the rebuild kit with all new springs, adjusters, cable,etc.

·
Registered
280 Posts
Discussion Starter #99
Get the rebuild kit with all new springs, adjusters, cable,etc.

Just getting drums going for move in out of garage & road test ( in my subdivision ) LoL don't wanna spend a lot on drums, gonna upgrade to disc before official road launch..I actually got those loose with pb blaster, 2 pair channel lock and much aggression. .hahaha

·
Registered
280 Posts
Discussion Starter #100
Aren't yall glad your Mustang project didn't begin with this? Brought a tear to my eye when I saw it in pik a part salvage yard today..

Attachments

81 - 100 of 141 Posts