Mustang Evolution Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
38 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
My uncle left me his 1969 Boss 302 Mustang in his will. He did a full restore on it so its in pretty sweet shape.

Anyway I was thinking about converting it to a hybrid using Toyota Prius parts, as one of my other uncles knows where I can get a totaled Prius with intact drive train.

Anyway, how hard would it be? Is this a good idea?

·
Registered
38 Posts
Did you read the article in popular mechanics about the 09 challenger that was converted into a hybrid? It was the May or June issue. The gas motor had to stay running so the power steering and brakes would work. They put the batteries in the back seat area and used incorrect batteries for a hybrid. I keep telling people to not put the batteries in the trunk anyway so putting them in the back seat area would be a good idea. Here is a link to the article - http://media.origin.popularmechanics.com/documents/ecomuscle/index.html If you used the power train out of a prius then you would have a wimpy mustang I think. Hope that helps.

·
Registered
38 Posts
For the love of all that is holy PLEASE sell this car or love it for who it is. Do not destroy a great american muscle car!!! It would be cruel and unusual punishment.

·
Registered
42 Posts
If you are serious I will take the engine off of your hands................oh h*ll, God have mercy on your soul for such a travesty!

1 - 5 of 5 Posts