Mustang Evolution Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
79 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So I have an 04 mustang convertible, cai, bama tuner, and that's about it. Before the tune I was in the upper 16's(i know their slooow) and now I'm down into the 15.90's with a tune. Again stock tires, stock suspension, and it's an automatic. I'm just trying to figure out what other 6ers are running cause I don't have anyone to really compare myself to as to how I'm doing at the strip. Any input would be awesome, thanks guys

·
Registered
7,311 Posts
my old '04 sixxer with intake and exhaust ran 16 flats (auto)...but i also ran nitto 555r's...traction and track prep can mean everything.

i'm gonna hit up beech bend this spring with the current sixxer to see how it goes...although it's being built for auto-x so my suspension will most likely hurt my ETs

·
AmericanMuscle.com
2,878 Posts
So I have an 04 mustang convertible, cai, bama tuner, and that's about it. Before the tune I was in the upper 16's(i know their slooow) and now I'm down into the 15.90's with a tune. Again stock tires, stock suspension, and it's an automatic. I'm just trying to figure out what other 6ers are running cause I don't have anyone to really compare myself to as to how I'm doing at the strip. Any input would be awesome, thanks guys
That's a pretty good increase from just CAI and Tune. Keep up the great work! A great mod to help you in the 1/4 mile would be a set of gears, and we can tune for them as well. This will definitely knock off a few tenths!

I hope this helps. I'm looking forward to some other experiences our fellow forums members have had! Let me know if you ever have any questions.

-Dan

·
Registered
2,171 Posts

Dantheman94,

Nice job on really cutting down your time! Almost a full second is a huge difference. What's the next mod that you have in mind?

Shane

·
Registered
1,694 Posts
last time i went i managed 14.2 balling the tires off the line lol just a couple bolt on's and dyno tuned...

·
Registered
79 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
I actually just ordered a new h-pipe and a magnaflow cat back exhaust which I can't wait to get and im looking at new shocks and possibly some control arms in the next couple months. And 14.2 is pretty quick for six. What kind of bolt ons are u talking?

·
Registered
7,311 Posts
I actually just ordered a new h-pipe and a magnaflow cat back exhaust which I can't wait to get and im looking at new shocks and possibly some control arms in the next couple months. And 14.2 is pretty quick for six. What kind of bolt ons are u talking?
lol read his sig :good:

·
Registered
1,694 Posts
Yeah still had the cats on it then (later found out they were half a$$ clogged when it was cut out) and like a 2.3 60' -_-

1 - 8 of 8 Posts