Mustang Evolution Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
69 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
what size throttle body will i get the best results from70 or 75 mm? i was also thinking about getting a pleunum, which would be best deal for the buck. They all say the same but what do you think is the best. One more thing i noticed is that all the plenum are made for a 75 mm throttle body, will a 70 mm throttle body work with that or do i need to find the same size plenum opening.

news mods coming this week steeda underdrive pullies, and mac prochamber

·
Registered
529 Posts
Check out www.modulardepot.com There is a big writeup with dyno testing and different throttle body/plenum combos

·
Registered
69 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
thanks bro there was alot of good stuff there and basically they are all about the same. So i went with the c & l plenum with the mac 70 mm throttle body.
by next week my prochamber, underdrive pullies and plenum w/70 mm throttle body will be on the car. that should be a nice little extra jump with what i already got

·
Registered
1 Posts
So what's the verdict ?

Greg;

I'm in the same boat you were -- did the 70 mm TB and plenum make a sizeable difference in your response and give you a SOTP boost ?

CLiff

·
Registered
69 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
well honestly, first i went with the c & l plenum and 70 mm tb. I went with that because there is another car just like mine and he was able to run 13.46 in the 1/4 mile with the same bolt ons. so i did and a few people did say that bigger is not always better. and i have stock cam and heads so there was no need for the bigger tb. as far as feeling the difference not really to be honest. but i believe it has helped with tb response and that was what i was basically looking for. i hope that helps. as far as true horsepower to the wheel that set up is like 6 horsepower together. i got my car dynoed like 2 weeks ago and i thought i woulda been a little better than it was but dynos don't lie. hope that helps and let me know if i can help u another way

·
Registered
1,552 Posts
Trick Flow's plenum is about 20 bucks cheaper than the C&L. As for them all being specifically designed for a 75 mm tbody, I believe actually the accufab is designed for a 70mm, but will work with a 75 mm. Mac has a polished plenum out now, sells for about 179 and looks like a polished C&L. Real pretty! The 75 mm tbody is supposed to net you about 2 more hp, which you can't even feel, and that is a lot more money for a little bit more hp that you can't feel.

·
Registered
517 Posts
Get the trickflow & paint it or have it polished. I got the mac 70 mm t. body & pleniem for 250 bucks! Not bad for around 10 rwhp. :rofl:

·
Premium Member
26,052 Posts
DONT get a c&l .... they are not the best.... my friends c&l maf made his car idle like CRAP a proM totaly fixed it.

·
Registered
1,552 Posts
I have been running C&L mafs on my GT and my V6 before that, its a good piece, gives you a great hp boost for the money. Pro M does their own electronics, and they aren't known for being consistent at all, C&L uses the Ford electronics, can't get any better than that. I am completely satisfied and my idle is fine. Always has been. :lol:

·
Registered
517 Posts
I know I wish I bought my c&l instead of pro-m. I think mine is defective. :disgust:

1 - 10 of 10 Posts