Mustang Evolution Forum banner

1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
Registered
8,325 Posts
Seems like a pretty good deal even considering that with installation it would push the price to around $10k.

Hell, even 30 years ago, if Ford had a supercharger kit that would give a Foxbody 700 horsepower for only $10k (Which would about double the price of the car) everyone would have thought that was an absolute steal! :lol:
We've come a long way!

Did you ever think that you would see the day that you could, at any price, go to the dealership and buy a factory-warranted 700 horsepower Mustang, Guard?

·
Premium Member
1,981 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
StrayBullitt....we are indeed in a golden age of HP and performance. I wonder how the advent of electric cars is going to affect this rising curve......but for now....YEEHAW......I am still trying to talk my wife into letting me Supercharge our 2015 GT, but on the other hand —— 435 HP DOES seem to be enough for everything I need.....:D

·
Premium Member
1,981 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
What is amazing is, if you stay out of the throttle, that 700+ HP Mustang will still get mid 20’s mpg on the highway.....good luck staying out of the throttle for long enough to get that mpg though...too much fun right there under your right foot, I am sure!:bow:

·
Super Moderator
17,887 Posts
The base GT is already a 10 second capable car with a tune, slicks and exhaust.

·
Premium Member
2,757 Posts
Ford finally announced their new supercharger for 2018/2019 GT’s.....if you don’t like the styling of the GT 500, this could be another way for you to go:

https://www.autoblog.com/2019/02/26/2018-2019-ford-mustang-gt-finally-gets-the-official-ford-superch/
That's pretty nice...700hp/600+ torque. So, by the time you buy the kit at $8k and have it installed by "Ford" techs at the dealer for another $4/5k you are now paying $54 per single HP...just a little too rich for my blood.

·
Registered
3,692 Posts
The warranty is only good for 3/36. You're paying a lot for that.

·
Registered
180 Posts
I remember when the first Camaro Z28 came out, I was probably around 18, and I thought that was the greatest car ever; rated at 290 HP if I remember correctly. I like the Mustang because it is basically a 302 CI engine and it reminds me of the Z28 302 that I could never afford. It's crazy that my Mustang produces 460 HP from the factory, and to think we can get 700 by bolting on a supercharger is nuts. Every day I don't get a speeding ticket in my car I'm ecstatic; I can't imagine 700 HP, what the heck can you do with it unless you go to the track. Even though I could afford to do it I just can't see it being at all practical. I'm pretty happy with what I have now, but 90 more HP, well that may interest me. 550 HP seems reasonable for a daily driver.

·
Registered
8,325 Posts
That's pretty nice...700hp/600+ torque. So, by the time you buy the kit at $8k and have it installed by "Ford" techs at the dealer for another $4/5k you are now paying $54 per single HP...just a little too rich for my blood.
When you look at it that way, it does seem a little expensive.

But if you look at it from the perspective of being able to buy a 700 hp car for $10k-$12k above the sticker price of a new Mustang, without any of the headaches typically associated with modifying a vehicle, it seems like a bargain to me.

·
Registered
8,325 Posts
I remember when the first Camaro Z28 came out, I was probably around 18, and I thought that was the greatest car ever; rated at 290 HP if I remember correctly. I like the Mustang because it is basically a 302 CI engine and it reminds me of the Z28 302 that I could never afford. It's crazy that my Mustang produces 460 HP from the factory, and to think we can get 700 by bolting on a supercharger is nuts. Every day I don't get a speeding ticket in my car I'm ecstatic; I can't imagine 700 HP, what the heck can you do with it unless you go to the track. Even though I could afford to do it I just can't see it being at all practical. I'm pretty happy with what I have now, but 90 more HP, well that may interest me. 550 HP seems reasonable for a daily driver.
There would be a certain amount of bragging rights associated with owning a 700 hp car.
That and it would be very difficult to beat someone doing rolls on the freeway if they have a 700 hp car.

Aside from that, 460 hp will do just fine...

·
Registered
8,325 Posts
The warranty is only good for 3/36. You're paying a lot for that.
That part kinda sucks.
The fact that you can install a blower on a brand new car, and it will not completely void the factory drive train warranty, and only shorten it a bit, would be of some comfort though.
Still, a better warranty than you would find at any performance shop in existence ....

·
Super Moderator
17,887 Posts
A person with a slightly modified, well set up, normally aspirated car, who really knows what they are doing, could definitely create grief for someone with a 700 hp car and no skills on the dragstrip.
With the 10 speed you just mash it and go... The 2018 Steeda auto was 10.94 with a tune, longtubes, slicks and that's it...

·
Premium Member
1,981 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
Would the top speed still be limited? Our 2015 is limited to 164.
I think that the speed limiter setting on the stock Mustang is more related to the tire’s limits as well as the aerodynamics than to the HP.....if you take that limit off or set it higher, you better make sure you have some other things on the car ready for the higher speeds.

·
Premium Member
1,981 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
I hit 130 with the top down. That was fast enough for me!
Yeah....top speed runs with the top down are one thing, but I don’t even like what the top does (flaps like crazy) when it’s up at 80 mph on the freeway.....

·
Registered
502 Posts
Maybe because I only have 23,000 miles on mine but my car's top is rock solid. I hit 100, with my wife in the car, and she never noticed the speed. Until I told her that is...

·
Premium Member
1,981 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
Maybe because I only have 23,000 miles on mine but my car's top is rock solid. I hit 100, with my wife in the car, and she never noticed the speed. Until I told her that is...
The top over our heads moves a little bit at highway speeds, but it is mainly the back window area (I also have about the same # of miles as you) that moves back and forth more than I’d like.....

1 - 20 of 21 Posts