Mustang Evolution Forum banner
1 - 20 of 32 Posts

·
Registered
560 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I've heard mixed reactions on the 78mm BBK throttle intake and how it's more for supercharged gt's but seen others say its the perfect TB cause its the TB and plenum all in one. On AM the bolt on build up they put out about the same hp and tq so which one to buy?

·
Registered
560 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
I feel it is. Wouldnt really make much difference than a 70mm though if no f/i. But when talking about bbk coming with the plenum i feel its still a good buy. Pretty much an opinionated thing i feel.
Yeah true. Cause I mean the SR and the BBK both put out almost the same amount of hp and tq according to the dyno results on AmericanMuscle.com but I think the BBK would be better cause you're getting the two things in one and more leeway when it comes to upgrading other parts.

·
Registered
405 Posts
For those with the 78mm are you running an otherwise NA engine? AM recommends the 70mm for NA so the question I have is there any detrimental effects by going to the larger 78mm if there is no intent for forced induction?

·
Registered
560 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
For those with the 78mm are you running an otherwise NA engine? AM recommends the 70mm for NA so the question I have is there any detrimental effects by going to the larger 78mm if there is no intent for forced induction?
There's a ton of comments and reviews on the 78mm BBK throttle intake and a lot of them are a NA 2v and they say they're great even if they're not going the FI route.

---------- Post added at 10:10 AM ---------- Previous post was at 10:10 AM ----------

Go big or go home lmao!

·
Registered
1,817 Posts
I feel it is. Wouldnt really make much difference than a 70mm though if no f/i. But when talking about bbk coming with the plenum i feel its still a good buy. Pretty much an opinionated thing i feel.
+1

·
Registered
1,817 Posts
I've driven with the 78mm for a year. No side affects other than pulling like a freight train after 3k rpm. I'm putting a procharger on this summer....so mine will def be put to use

1 - 20 of 32 Posts