Mustang Evolution Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi everyone I am new to the forums and was looking for a good place to get some help. I have a 1978 Mustang II and I am trying to get this thing back on the road. I have the engine and tranny in the shop and taken care of. My first problem is finding parts. It seems almost impossible to find parts for a '78. I am going to paint the car a different color and im going to change the color of the interior to black. I'm ordering new carpet, but can anyone tell me where to get good quality seat covers? Also what can i do about the door panels? You cant paint them? Google has been almost useless :banghead:

·
Registered
679 Posts
You're going to have issues finding parts for a II from the retail places. There just isn't the demand to make it lucrative for them. Rock Auto has some stuff. You might have better luck looking on eBay, but that's always a little bit of a gamble. Be sure you're dealing with someone reputable before laying down too much money.

I'm not sure if it's a paint or dye, but I know you can do a color change on the door panels. Let us know how it goes, and we'd love to see pictures!

·
Premium Member
1,378 Posts
Too bad the OP doesn't live closer, or I'd talk my mom into letting you strip what you needed from the Mustang II she has had sitting in her backyard for about 25 years (I don't know why).

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Hey guys I know it's been a while since I posted here but does anyone know where to get the front part of a dash? I took off the back and repainted it and the front was cracked

Sent from my 831C using Mustang Evolution mobile app

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Do u guys know were to get the soft part of the dash? I think it's the dash pad

Sent from my 831C using Mustang Evolution mobile app

·
Registered
679 Posts
CJPP has a cover for the 78 dash pad...so you can cover up your old one for $100 if you don't want to look at it.

Mustangs Unlimited has every year except 74-78...

If there was an aftermarket one, they would carry it. I found a couple on eBay. I'd say if you can refurb yours, go for it. If you don't have one or it's beyond repair, hold out for a decent one to pop up, or start hitting up junk yards.

Good luck!

1 - 12 of 12 Posts