Mustang Evolution Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Premium Member
2,037 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I wanna get one, do I have to have one out of a Mustang GT? Do I have to follow my model years? i.e. 99+?... are there ANY other models of cars I can steal one from?... if I can find one in a junkyard, and get it to my house, how long of an install is it? should I just get it professionally done? Lots of help needed on this one. I don't want to change out gears really, just upgrade to the 8.8 for the limited slip:)

·
Registered
4,272 Posts
im not sure but i believe you can get it from any model year from 79-04 and just swap in your axels but i suggest getting a newer one frome a like 94-04

·
Premium Member
2,037 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
how hard is it to swap axles?... plus, does anyone want to buy the rear axle out of a v-6?

·
Registered
4,272 Posts
i dont mean just get there axeles aput them on your car cause that is how it seeems you took it . i mean you get the 8.8 rear end of that car then you put it on your car and put your 7.5 axles into the 8.8 if its a 8.8 off a 99+ you dont have to swap axles

·
Premium Member
2,037 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
I meant if I got it from a 94 say that I had to change axles. I heard the 8.8 just bolts up, and you need to lube it up... please no quoting that. But would like a different Ford 8.8'' directly bolt onto my axle?

1 - 5 of 5 Posts