Mustang Evolution Forum banner

1 - 20 of 26 Posts

·
Registered
4,272 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
ok i have the chance to get a 8.8out of a 99+ i got three question what gears do they have ? what do i need to do if that car comes with abs and traction control and mine dont? also will the gt rear rotors fit fine on a v6 caliper?

·
Premium Member
2,037 Posts
3.27 for gears ;)... I'll stop at that, that's all I know

·
Premium Member
2,037 Posts
3.27 for gears ;)... I'll stop at that, that's all I know same as the v-6....

·
Premium Member
2,037 Posts
3.27 for gears ;)... I'll stop at that, that's all I know same as the v-6.... sadly

·
Premium Member
2,037 Posts
impressive, clicked three times.... sorry

·
Registered
4,272 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
jimmy_beaner said:
impressive, clicked three times.... sorry
:lmao:

hmmm i thought they were 3.55 guess i was wrong so what about abs and traction control

·
Premium Member
2,037 Posts
3.55's are the Mach 1

·
Premium Member
2,037 Posts
I don't see how your car couldn't have ABS... you said 02? I kinda figured it was standard equipment for awhile.

·
Premium Member
2,037 Posts
ummmm, I'm not really sure about the traction control. I'd assume if your car didn't have the electric connection for it, it wouldn't run on the new rear... not a bad thing so to say. I'd imagine you could take it off.

·
Premium Member
2,037 Posts
hahaha, weird, maybe because my finger was on it as I was typing?

·
Registered
1,715 Posts
Im not sure about the ABS or traction control issue, should be jsut an extra sensor or 2 on the rearend, and the brakes on the GT and the v6s are teh same.

·
Premium Member
2,037 Posts
:O did I ACTUALLY provide helpful information?

·
Premium Member
2,037 Posts
sweet

·
Premium Member
19,890 Posts
haha..

·
Registered
1,286 Posts
232stang said:
ok i have the chance to get a 8.8out of a 99+ i got three question what gears do they have ?
what do i need to do if that car comes with abs and traction control and mine dont? It will have a sensor connector for both. You don't have anything to plug in, so cover them up with tape or a finger condom or bandaid or something that won't come off and is pretty much air tight

also will the gt rear rotors fit fine on a v6 caliper?
same rotors, calipers, lines, everything as the 6.

Just unbolt your stock one and insert the 8.8 the same exact way you took the 7.5 out.

Here is a question to you (well a couple). Why are you buying a new rear end with the same gears you have now? A 7.5 can actually handle quite a bit of power... do you really plan to run that much? How much is the guy charging?... If it is more than $200, I would personally pass because you're not saving anything if you still need gears other than a t-lock which costs $200.

·
Registered
4,272 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
its from a guy that got hit in the front and he doesent want to fix his car so hes gonna sell me his rear end with the back bumper for 300 so its cool plus i will be installing 3.73 myself (with the help of a A.S.E. certified friend). i want to have about 280 at he wheels but i ve heard people broke there 7.5 with just bolt ons so i might as well go with the 8.8.

1 - 20 of 26 Posts