Mustang Evolution Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I bought a 87 mustang foxbody gt with no motor and I just bought a 88 Mass air flow. Now I have the older motor that was originally in the car. How could I get that mass air flow motor run speed density?

·
Banned
8,779 Posts
I bought a 87 mustang foxbody gt with no motor and I just bought a 88 Mass air flow. Now I have the older motor that was originally in the car. How could I get that mass air flow motor run speed density?
Just swap over all of the speed density components, but why would you want to?
The MAF system is much more adaptable to mods.
Anything you do the the speed density that affects the engine air flow may make it run like crap.

·
Registered
861 Posts
I know some guys tune there cars via laptop w/speed density cars.. Maybe he has the same plans. Idk.
Hey how is this done? I have a speed density and MAF may be a bit down the road for me as I have other priorities for my car. I don't mind getting my hands dirty (even if it involves memorizing thousands of Hexadecimal conversions n ****) :lol:

·
Banned
422 Posts
Billymich said:
Hey how is this done? I have a speed density and MAF may be a bit down the road for me as I have other priorities for my car. I don't mind getting my hands dirty (even if it involves memorizing thousands of Hexadecimal conversions n ****) :lol:
If your priorities include engine mods i would make the mass air swap high on your priority list. It would be much more convenient than trying mess with speed density in my opinion.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts