Mustang Evolution Forum banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
46 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey guys I'm looking to do an 8.8 rear end swap. I found one from an 88. Does anybody know if it would bolt up and have the correct mounts as my 2003?

·
Registered
7,311 Posts
it'd bolt up but you'd be unhappy with how the wheels are now tucked in further inside the wheel well...fox body and sn95 rears are not as wide as 99-04 rears

·
Registered
46 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
it'd bolt up but you'd be unhappy with how the wheels are now tucked in further inside the wheel well...fox body and sn95 rears are not as wide as 99-04 rears
1slosix I think you're the only person to ever reply. Haha thanks for letting me know. I'll just have to keep an eye out for a 99-04 rear end.

·
Registered
7,311 Posts
Nope....sn95s still aren't as wide as a new edge...only a few inches difference but thats enough to notice

·
Registered
835 Posts
yeah okay, I see it.
You could still use wheel spacers though, so if you find a good dead on the pre-99 rear end it'd probably still be worth it.

·
Registered
46 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
yeah okay, I see it.
You could still use wheel spacers though, so if you find a good dead on the pre-99 rear end it'd probably still be worth it.
Yea I can get one for $100 bucks. But I think I'm gonna hold out till I find one that's longer. Because I want a wider stance in the rear.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts