Mustang Evolution Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
75 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I'm looking to buy this 88' GT and the heat is currently not working. The guy said he has the heater core it just needs installed. I am wondering how much of an endeavor this will be. From what I am told it is somewhat of a process as you will need to take apart the dash. I just want to be sure what I am getting into and I can use this to talk him down on price.

·
Banned
8,779 Posts
I'm looking to buy this 88' GT and the heat is currently not working. The guy said he has the heater core it just needs installed. I am wondering how much of an endeavor this will be. From what I am told it is somewhat of a process as you will need to take apart the dash. I just want to be sure what I am getting into and I can use this to talk him down on price.
If the car has factory AC it is an arduous task that involves removing most of the dash and several hours to complete.

·
Registered
75 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
If the car has factory AC it is an arduous task that involves removing most of the dash and several hours to complete.
Okay, I am interested in the car so I will definitely use this to lower the price. The car has 13X,XXX and he's asking $4000, so I wonder what I should offer?

·
Banned
8,779 Posts
Okay, I am interested in the car so I will definitely use this to lower the price. The car has 13X,XXX and he's asking $4000, so I wonder what I should offer?
I don't know what would be fair. Maybe contact a local Auto Repair shop and ask them what the cost would be to R&R the heater core, then subtract that from the price of the car. I wouldn't tell them the whole story or they may not want to give you a price if they know you plan to fix it yourself.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts