Mustang Evolution Forum banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
36 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Short story is its an 1989 mustang GT convertible 5.0 auto and recently i been experiencing the temp gauge taking a while to register any reading even after the engine has warmed up (i know cause the upper rad hose is hot so i know coolant is flowing) now it has stopped working altogether i just replaced the coolant temp sensor and still nothing. My question is i am about to remove the cluster and inspect is there anything particular i should look for out of the ordinary in the cluster? Does anybody have any other ideas i could try as well? Please looking for positive answers only, please don't tell me to get rid of the car and get whatever rice burner POS you like i am a Ford guy and yes i already have a repair guide but have exhausted my options there Thank You

·
Registered
10 Posts
take ur temp sender and unplug it, it should fall to completely cold. then ground out the same connector using a jumper wire(paperclip works) and it should jump up to full hot. if both of these things happen then there is nothing wrong with your wiring, simply the sender itself. ps dont ever get rid of ur mustang, i have a 90 exchp mustang (notchback) and it is my blood sweat and tears and a ton of fun to drive! good luck trying to fix it, and if u have any more questions email me at [email protected]

1 - 2 of 2 Posts