Mustang Evolution Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
199 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
So my 89 gt lags on turning on once it's on the oil pressure gauge is jumpy n the battery gauge moves as low as 10 when at a stop/idle
The car is a 5.0 with under drive pulleys
Can anyone help
Thnx in advance

·
Premium Member
3,444 Posts
So my 89 gt lags on turning on once it's on the oil pressure gauge is jumpy n the battery gauge moves as low as 10 when at a stop/idle
The car is a 5.0 with under drive pulleys
Can anyone help
Thnx in advance
The under drive pulleys are most likely your problem. They are known for causing charging and overheating problems. The factory oil gauges aren't very accurate, you'll need an aftermarket gauge for accuracy.

·
It's not me, it's you.
6,752 Posts
The under drive pulleys are most likely your problem. They are known for causing charging and overheating problems. The factory oil gauges aren't very accurate, you'll need an aftermarket gauge for accuracy.
Yeah, you're right. Especially if the under drives are smaller then the stock ones.

·
Registered
199 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
I'm planning on upgrading to a 3G alternator this week
Will that help.?

---------- Post added at 11:44 PM ---------- Previous post was at 11:42 PM ----------

Yeah, you're right. Especially if the under drives are smaller then the stock ones.
Should I change the alt pulley only or change them all back To stock

·
It's not me, it's you.
6,752 Posts
I'm planning on upgrading to a 3G alternator this week
Will that help.?

---------- Post added at 11:44 PM ---------- Previous post was at 11:42 PM ----------

Should I change the alt pulley only or change them all back To stock
Are the stock ones bigger?

1 - 12 of 12 Posts