Mustang Evolution Forum banner
1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
199 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
So my mustang horn don't work, the steering wheel pad clicks when u press it, it has both horns and the fuses r good

·
Registered
60 Posts
Check power to the horn when button is pushed if it is getting power then need new horn otherwise could be break in wiring or faulty horn switch.

·
Registered
199 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Get yourself a test light put it to the positive wire that goes to the horn and have someone else push the horn on the steering wheel. If it lights up you have power. Keep us posted.
So I have no power going to the horn
I also tried connection it to the battery directly and one worked and the other didn't

·
Registered
199 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Then in my opinion pick up a horn switch and you should be good to go.
Where can I find a horn switch.?

---------- Post added at 02:11 PM ---------- Previous post was at 02:08 PM ----------

Sorry about the misspelling b4
Can it be my horn relay my fuses r good cause my cigarette lighter works
The horn pad also clicks when I press it

·
Registered
60 Posts
That one is different than my setup because I have the airbag but should be that hole round piece that the wires connect to.

·
Pete Jones
750 Posts
Did the horn work prior to ownership? Have you checked to make sure it is still plugged in on the steering column? I've seen people disconnect them there because the padding wears down and causes the contacts to touch making the horn blare until you disconnect it. Also could just be te horn is old and worn out in which ase it is located in between the driversside fender and inner fender.

·
Registered
199 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
Did the horn work prior to ownership? Have you checked to make sure it is still plugged in on the steering column? I've seen people disconnect them there because the padding wears down and causes the contacts to touch making the horn blare until you disconnect it. Also could just be te horn is old and worn out in which ase it is located in between the driversside fender and inner fender.
When my dad owned the car it worked and it went out on him like 3 yrs ago and never fixed now that I have it
I'm fixing what needs fixing
I tried connecting a wire from the positive post if the battery to the positive hook up to the horn and only one horn honked(closest to the floor) and the other didn't

---------- Post added at 06:08 PM ---------- Previous post was at 06:05 PM ----------

How can u check if its still connected

1 - 17 of 17 Posts