Mustang Evolution Forum banner
1 - 20 of 45 Posts

·
Registered
33 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Alright here I go a body of mine has an 89 mistang 5.0 and we can't get 1/4 mile times less than 15.3 what could be the problem does a Dyno tune work for that year model

---------- Post added at 11:29 PM ---------- Previous post was at 11:28 PM ----------

Sorry buddy

·
Registered
493 Posts
Alright here I go a body of mine has an 89 mistang 5.0 and we can't get 1/4 mile times less than 15.3 what could be the problem does a Dyno tune work for that year model

---------- Post added at 11:29 PM ---------- Previous post was at 11:28 PM ----------

Sorry buddy
Start spending money and turnin wrenches!lol HCI would crank on your times...

---------- Post added at 11:38 PM ---------- Previous post was at 11:37 PM ----------

And rear end gears...

·
Premium Member
3,271 Posts
Start spending money and turnin wrenches!lol HCI would crank on your times...

---------- Post added at 11:38 PM ---------- Previous post was at 11:37 PM ----------

And rear end gears...
+1.

·
Registered
33 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
I know it has 4:10 hears at rear end heads I really don't know the brand it has a steeda 18 cam stage 2 clutch comp cams 1.6 lifters cobra intake manifold if I'm correct 75 mm throttle body MAF. Calibrated for bigger injectors

·
Registered
493 Posts
I know it has 4:10 hears at rear end heads I really don't know the brand it has a steeda 18 cam stage 2 clutch comp cams 1.6 lifters cobra intake manifold if I'm correct 75 mm throttle body MAF. Calibrated for bigger injectors
A stock fox runs about a low 14/high 13. I've never heard of a modded one runnin UNDER stock. You got me...

·
Registered
33 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
That's what I thought at first everyone drove the car 15.6 and up I hit a 15.3 and it's weird cause I have another buddy with a almost stock 5.0 and hit a 15.0 with regular tires what could it be

·
Registered
829 Posts
Yeah, something is wrong! Lol

See if you can get a spec in the heads too! If he's got an over sized head that flows too much it can actually hurt performance. And I'm wondering if the head and intake ports are matched??

There could be engine problems..... Have y'all pulled the plugs to see how it's running?

I'm thinking either there's something really wrong with the engine combo or it's just REALLY tired.

·
Registered
33 Posts
Discussion Starter · #19 ·
It's bored over .40 just rebuilt but before the button end got fixed that valves were hitting in the old pistons I don't know if the mechanic checked the heads

---------- Post added at 09:28 AM ---------- Previous post was at 09:27 AM ----------

BTW how could I know what kind of heads he's got they should have some kind of a serial # right

·
Registered
829 Posts
They should, usually they are marked.

I'm wondering if the mechanic fixed everything. Sometimes if there's serious piston to valve contact, the valve gets bent. As mentioned earlier, I think a compression test is needed. I would also check all the plugs to see how it's running.

Does the engine sound on when running? I'm also wondering if its running on all cylinders.....

---------- Post added at 07:49 AM ---------- Previous post was at 07:49 AM ----------

Does it sound ok when running?

---------- Post added at 07:50 AM ---------- Previous post was at 07:49 AM ----------

Any misses or sputters? And does it seem to pull all the way through the RPM range or does it fall off?

1 - 20 of 45 Posts