Mustang Evolution Forum banner
1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
27 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Anyone ever heard of a 1989 5.0 hatchback? Supposebly ford stopped producing t tops in march of 1988...

·
Banned
8,603 Posts
No, but that doesn't mean someone didn't fab their own from a wrecked 88. :good:

·
Registered
27 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Well i had an 89 t top.. I ran the vin at a ford dealership it read an s code which is a t top..they told me it came Bac as an 1989gt t top but like i said earlier, the dealer couldnt explain why i had a true 89 t top wen supposebly they they stopped producing them in 88.. but he did say that it couldnt have Ben a fake because the vin said 1989 t top gt hatch

·
Banned
8,603 Posts
Well i had an 89 t top.. I ran the vin at a ford dealership it read an s code which is a t top..they told me it came Bac as an 1989gt t top but like i said earlier, the dealer couldnt explain why i had a true 89 t top wen supposebly they they stopped producing them in 88.. but he did say that it couldnt have Ben a fake because the vin said 1989 t top gt hatch
I don't doubt it was real. Ford may have produced several of them if they had the tops left over and just not advertised it as an option. They have been known to do things like that. :good:

·
Banned
8,603 Posts
So does that mean he has a collector car?
Quite possibly, if he can find the car's original build sheet or use the VIN to prove it came from the factory that way.

·
Registered
27 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Ya that waz the only thing i could think of... I sold it dirt cheap a year ago an then a guy called me a,few days after i sold it an told me that that car was worth serious money.. Im trying to get the car Bac as we speak but the seller wants 5 k for it Bac.. im pretty sure the dealer told me it was built in San Jose.... I googled it after i sold it an ther was another 89 t top in mint being sold for ovrr 60k

·
Premium Member
602 Posts
Was most likely just a left over 88. As far as collectible though, yes its neat and wasnt made for long in the 87+ styling but the one being sold for 60k is just plain retarded. These cars aint no gt500 or boss 429's so a fox selling for 60k I just cant see someone with a brain paying that.

Ive always loved the ttop cars and really would like to have a79-86 style ttop coupes.

Good luck on getting it, 5k seems fairly reasonable depending on what has/hasnt been done to it if it clean with a decent amount of miles on it. But I wouldnt expect to beable to hold on to it an get 60k or anywhere around it like the other idiot was asking.

·
Registered
1 Posts
Factory T-roof = "D" code under the "S" (sunroof) column on the door sticker AND "TR" code on the metal tag stapled to the frame behind the driver-side headlamp.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts