Mustang Evolution Forum banner
1 - 20 of 30 Posts

·
Registered
147 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Im getting a big tax refund with about 8k to spend i have always gone more with looks rather than power now its time for power should i just buy a kennebell supercharger would my engine handdle it it is bone stock or should i go another way around it thanks 4 the advise.

·
Registered
559 Posts
Im getting a big tax refund with about 8k to spend i have always gone more with looks rather than power now its time for power should i just buy a kennebell supercharger would my engine handdle it it is bone stock or should i go another way around it thanks 4 the advise.
Mmr forged rotating assembly and the kb intercooled kit, should be about $6500-7000 for both of those

·
Premium Member
1,483 Posts
Yea man I would do other performance first maybe get it ready for a supercharger such as stated above better clutch and some good internals and maybe some suspension

·
Registered
50 Posts
yes I would do full bolt ons first throttle body,c.a.i intake,headers,X or H or straight pipe exhaust,pulleys,alumnium drive shaft ,3.73 gears,a tune either Bama or sct or wut u like if u got the cash a different trans a higher grade tremic I have a tremic tko 500 super strong can hit hard on it all day no problems at all.

·
Registered
147 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
Damitt i was afraid of that it was 1 of my idea to put the cash and sell my car and put all down towards a new 5.0 but how much can i get out of my GT should i just go by kelly blue book its an 2002 gt 80,000 miles std black interior leather notting is thorn ive had this stang for 6 yrs i got it at 50,000 miles but might b time to upgrade

·
Registered
148 Posts
You defiantly won't have a problem as long as your car is in good condition. My friend has a 02 gt with kenne bell running 12psi all day. Daily driven. Just threw new heads on it. It's been alma or 20000 miles and not a single problem.

---------- Post added at 06:49 PM ---------- Previous post was at 06:48 PM ----------

But he had all basic bolt ons and a clutch safe to 400ft/lbs. and tune.

·
Premium Member
19,573 Posts
2002VertGT said:
As well as the nice insurance bill...
My gt is more than my cobra on insurance and the cobra is a vert

1 - 20 of 30 Posts