Mustang Evolution Forum banner
1 - 20 of 35 Posts

·
Registered
3,547 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
So I am getting a huge giant couple of checks. I am not saying how much as everyone is gonna say SC or Turbo. I already decided not yet. Still have to buy the LCA and relo brackets, shifter and maybe one more small thing.

Anyway I found the rims I really want, from AM and they are 9.5X19. AM says you can run them as fronts. I do not want a staggered look for a few reasons. I have to think down the road as moving soon money might be tight enough that I don't want to replace tires that often. I want to run 275-40-19 all the way around.

Gloss Black 2013 Style GT500 Mustang Wheel - 19x9.5 (05-13 All) - Free Shipping!

General Mustang G-MAX Ultra High Performance All Season Tire - 275/40-19 (05-13 All) 15490150000 - Free Shipping!

I have a 1.7" drop in the front and a 2.4" drop in the back.

Can I even make this happen?

I'll get some better pictures of the car tomorrow if ya'll need them to judge. I just don't want to drop 1800 on these plus tires and all that stuff to find out they don't fit or rub real bad.

If people think they will rub I will look at something else. I'll take suggestions! I want an all black rim, wide as possible, same size all four corners and I don't want Forgestar prices or I would buy them haha. I have considered going 18" with them and just buying them but I really want 19" and like the shelby replicas.

Thanks!

EDIT: Added what pictures I do have.

Attachments

·
Registered
382 Posts
I ran RTR's in that exact set up with H&R super sports with no rub. I changed to eibach springs when I upgraded entire suspension.

Attachments

·
Registered
3,547 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I ran RTR's in that exact set up with H&R super sports with no rub. I changed to eibach springs when I upgraded entire suspension.
that is 9.5 inches all the way around? If so that looks mean man! Like the look. Do you know what the offset of the RTRs is? I know the Shelby replicas are 35mm.

·
Registered
382 Posts
Yea all 4 corners. Offset is +33.

·
Registered
143 Posts
The wheels you're looking at are almost the same as the RTR. RTR has 6.5" back spacing and 33mm offset, the Shelby has 6.6" back spacing and 35mm offset. And your link for the wheels says it can be used front or rear.

·
Registered
3,547 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
The wheels you're looking at are almost the same as the RTR. RTR has 6.5" back spacing and 33mm offset, the Shelby has 6.6" back spacing and 35mm offset. And your link for the wheels says it can be used front or rear.
I know it says it can be used that way, but that is probably listed for stock car height. I am quite a bit lower.

---------- Post added at 10:42 PM ---------- Previous post was at 10:41 PM ----------

Yea all 4 corners. Offset is +33.
Thanks for the response! I will probably get the Shelbys then. Looks like they will fit no issues.

·
Registered
143 Posts
Gotcha. Think I read it wrong. I was looking at them too but the staggered set up. Says they were out of stock. Didn't even see the 9.5". I like that they are much cheaper than the RTR's. I'd say get em.

·
Registered
77 Posts
Totally doable! I run factory Brembo 19x9" wheels with 275/35-19 front & 285/35-19 rears (a 275/40-19 will be a little taller than stock). I'm lowered on Ford Racing springs with their adjustable shocks/struts. The downside with sticking to 19" tires is a lack of options for sticky tires like drag radials...you would more options in an 18" wheel, but I can understand. If you can afford it, buy another set of two identical wheels for some drag radials (or whatever type supports your hobby) and cycle between them & your street tires so you get the best of both worlds.

·
Registered
720 Posts
Are those the eibach pros?? That is the best stance I've seen, the tires fit perfectly. What size tires are they? They seem to be what completes the look.

·
The Blue Dragon
5,488 Posts
Totally doable! I run factory Brembo 19x9" wheels with 275/35-19 front & 285/35-19 rears (a 275/40-19 will be a little taller than stock). I'm lowered on Ford Racing springs with their adjustable shocks/struts. The downside with sticking to 19" tires is a lack of options for sticky tires like drag radials...you would more options in an 18" wheel, but I can understand. If you can afford it, buy another set of two identical wheels for some drag radials (or whatever type supports your hobby) and cycle between them & your street tires so you get the best of both worlds.
While you're probably correct, the fact that you're running different wheels with a different backspacing and different offset with a different size tire on different springs should not be the reasoning you came to this conclusion. Not being mean, just being honest. :beer:

·
Registered
77 Posts
While you're probably correct, the fact that you're running different wheels with a different backspacing and different offset with a different size tire on different springs should not be the reasoning you came to this conclusion. Not being mean, just being honest. :beer:
I ran them with Eibachs pro's which were much lower, up until a month ago. 1/2" of wheel width isn't going to make any difference unless the offsets are totally incorrect, which is unlikely given the vendor. Just saying...

·
The Blue Dragon
5,488 Posts
I ran them with Eibachs pro's which were much lower, up until a month ago. 1/2" of wheel width isn't going to make any difference unless the offsets are totally incorrect, which is unlikely given the vendor. Just saying...
You're right, assuming the ONLY difference is the wheel width, but everything about your car is different. Again I'm not being mean, but just because your car is kinda like some else's, doesn't mean that something similar will work.

That's all I'm saying.

·
Registered
515 Posts
I run the Avant Garde M310's 19x9.5 on all four corners on the Boss and have zero issues. I'm actually getting ready to sell them if you're interested. They have Pirelli's, 255/40 and 285/35. The entire set has 1200 miles on them.

·
Registered
3,547 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
I run the Avant Garde M310's 19x9.5 on all four corners on the Boss and have zero issues. I'm actually getting ready to sell them if you're interested. They have Pirelli's, 255/40 and 285/35. The entire set has 1200 miles on them.
How much? And they are in black?

·
Registered
515 Posts
They're charcoal, similar to the RTR's but a little darker. I'll be selling them for 1400 plus buyer pays half of shipping.

·
Registered
3,547 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
They're charcoal, similar to the RTR's but a little darker. I'll be selling them for 1400 plus buyer pays half of shipping.
I'll think on it, my only real concern is since you did two different tire sizes I won't be able to rotate them.

·
Registered
3,547 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
I like the way it looks with the different tire sizes.
don't get me wrong I do too, but what concerns me is the roads before me may be rocky. Buying a house on my own, having this car and insurance and payments and everything else. I would like to enjoy her but keep my expenses as low as possible. So I really would like to replace tires as little as possible right now. I am trying to think to the near future and not screw myself over.

plus if things change or things get easier down the road I will have rims I can always do that with.

1 - 20 of 35 Posts