Mustang Evolution Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
92 lx 5.0 AOD, low torqe and power, some times pops and misses at wot when accelerating usally above 3000 rpm, changed rotor, plugs, tps, wires, cap, no engine light coming on, any suggestions? At cruse, then wot trans doesnt seem to drop to low-as far as the trans is that typical for these AOD's (not sure of current rear ratio-new project)? Thanks Brian

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Base was at 10btc, havent checked fuel pressure yet!

---------- Post added at 10:31 AM ---------- Previous post was at 10:29 AM ----------

Base timing was at 10 btc but seems to run better at 12, mas is clean looks fairly new, checked back pressure from from vacum on upper intake thinking maybe a bad cat, but vacum increased well at 2500rpm verses idle. Cleaning trottle body seemed to make it rev smoother but even after all Ive tried it performs like a wore out 6cyl. I just got this car and Im lost on this one. Ive had one of these 5.0 stangs before, and know how it should perform. Can anybody help me bring this 5.0 back to life. Thanks guys!

---------- Post added at 10:35 AM ---------- Previous post was at 10:31 AM ----------

Its an original aod, no swap

---------- Post added at 10:36 AM ---------- Previous post was at 10:35 AM ----------

No vacum leaks found.

·
Registered
127 Posts
Check cyl pressure if the rings are weak you'll have blow by under hard acceleration. Also check the harmonic balancer front and back In detail mine was beginning to wear out and I Found that the timing was way off when I installed the new one. I thought it was set at 14 and it was actually at 9.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts