Mustang Evolution Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
39 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I just got a 93 mustang and my driver door won't lock and I heard you need to replace the actuator in the door , but I heard there was a way to replace the actuators in my mustang without drilling out the rivet in the door can anyone explain this or has a link to a way to solve my problemproblem

·
Banned
8,779 Posts
I just got a 93 mustang and my driver door won't lock and I heard you need to replace the actuator in the door , but I heard there was a way to replace the actuators in my mustang without drilling out the rivet in the door can anyone explain this or has a link to a way to solve my problemproblem
They may be just trying to replace the coil in the actuator. I wouldn't bother because if you mess it up they won't replace it and you will just have to buy another.
Just drill out the rivet and use a short bolt in its place when you install the new one.

·
Banned
8,779 Posts

·
Banned
8,779 Posts
Removing the rivet and replacing the actuator in the door
That's pretty simple and is probably covered in a Chiltons manual.
You just remove the door panel, raise the window glass up out of the way, locate the actuator, drill out the rivet, remove any other fasteners, disconnect the rod to the lock mechanism and remove the old actuator. Install is just the reverse order of the steps. :good:

1 - 6 of 6 Posts