Mustang Evolution Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
39 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have a 93 gt that is all stock and I was wondering what maintenance should be done I just replaced my water pump and heater core and am planning on changing the weatherstripping but what else should be done since I am reaching 100k

·
Registered
555 Posts
Standard 100k maintenance items like new belt. I normaly recommend people who put a new belt on a 5.0 engine to go ahead and replace the water pump, most the time new belts kill 5.0 water pumps. Since you have a new water pump you need a new belt if you havnt already put one on. New spark plugs are a good idea if you havnt already done them recently. I would recommend flushing your brake fluid system completley at least every 2 years if you havnt done that. Brake fuild only has about a 2 year life and then it becomes old. Rear gear fuild should probly be changed as well depending on when the last time you changed it was. Also I recommend to all 5.0 fox body owners to have their torque box's inspected frequently to make sure you dont have a control arm bracket rip out of the body since the fox body doesnt have a frame torque box's are a weak point on the fox body even if your car is stock. Keep up with the oil changes as normal and check your tranny, power streering and radiator fluid to make sure they are still good as you should at every oil change. Easiest way to check if radiator fluids are good is get some chemical test strips to dip in the fluids to check the ph levels. And lastly new injector wires and or distributor cap are a good idea to keep your engine running strong, again if they havnt been changed recently.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts