Mustang Evolution Forum banner
1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
1,032 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Yesterday while cruising some of the local tote-the-note lots, I came across a 92-93 SVT. They were closed so I could only look at the exterior. Looked like a nice paint job, clean but ugly interior. No idea about the engine.

I looked it up on KBB and Edmunds this morning and got a range of $5,500 to $7,000. I assume that must be low because when I called for a price this morning they told me $15,000-non negotiable. When I told them what I found they just hung up on me.

Have they been watching too many episodes of Fast-n-Loud or are they really worth that much?

·
Super Moderator
17,997 Posts
They're worth that much in good shape, I would have hung up on you too. The only SVT Foxbody was the 93. Super clean ones with 1 or 2 owners and a fully documented history go for the $20k range.

·
Registered
1,032 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
They're worth that much in good shape, I would have hung up on you too. The only SVT Foxbody was the 93. Super clean ones with 1 or 2 owners and a fully documented history go for the $20k range.
Thanks Scotty, they can keep it. I'm not a collector.

·
Super Moderator
17,997 Posts
Lol agreed. I'd never pay that much either for one but collectors will.

·
Registered
1,032 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
quote=scottydsntknow;2229408]Lol agreed. I'd never pay that much either for one but collectors will.[ quote]

For what it's worth, here is that car.

Attachments

·
Super Moderator
17,997 Posts
What isn't? Google thyself.

Sent from my LG-D801 using Mustang Evolution mobile app

·
Super Moderator
17,997 Posts
Suspension, exterior, trans work and don't meh at the HCI. Car was very underrated and 50hp over the GT that year was a real big deal for 1993.

·
Registered
111 Posts
It is crazy to think I could have bought one of these where I used to live for like $11000. I found a used one last year for like $40000 but it only had 12 miles on it.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Super Moderator
17,997 Posts
Yeah 50 hp would be a lot back then. It is just crazy that now we have 300 hp sedans being driven by soccer moms lol
Its been like that since the early 2000s honestly. The Nissan 3.5L sedans have been at the 250+ range since then at least. But yeah back in the early 90s it was a real big deal to have the pushrod 302 making as much as it did. And they were underrated, Ford said they made 240hp, it was more like 230-240 at the wheels bone stock. I had a 95 Cobra and that thing with just bolt ons was pretty damn quick for what it was. Way more in it than my bolt on PI car had especially down low.

1 - 15 of 15 Posts