Mustang Evolution Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
22 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have a 94 automatic 5.0 I was running 16 bone stock which is ehh ok so I put a cold air intake and new coil on ran it last night and ran an 18 and it starts braking up at 4000 rpms snd its running really rich went through checked for vacuumed leaks none put the computer on it said it was all good so idk what to do now

·
Banned
8,779 Posts
Re: Need suggestions

I have a 94 automatic 5.0 I was running 16 bone stock which is ehh ok so I put a cold air intake and new coil on ran it last night and ran an 18 and it starts braking up at 4000 rpms snd its running really rich went through checked for vacuumed leaks none put the computer on it said it was all good so idk what to do now
There were no codes? That's strange. :confused:

I would suspect issues with the MAF since you just installed a CAI and it happened after the install. Check the wiring and clean the sensor. You should also check your timing and make sure the coil connections are good.

·
Banned
8,044 Posts
Trojan Horse said:
There were no codes? That's strange. :confused:

I would suspect issues with the MAF since you just installed a CAI and it happened after the install. Check the wiring and clean the sensor. You should also check your timing and make sure the coil connections are good.
+1 also if you used a oil type filter make sure you didn't over oil it and followed the proper procedures.

·
Banned
8,779 Posts
Ok so I got a new maf it's not breaking up any more but when I took the old one off it was full of oil what should I do about it?
That will cause some issues. You probably could have just cleaned that one.
You need to identify where the oil is coming from, possibly the screen in the PCV and maybe the valve like dream said.

If it is a continuing issue from worn rings and excessive blow by, you can install an (Link>) oil separator to remove the oil. Might not be a bad idea anyways.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts