Mustang Evolution Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
147 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Ok I have a 94 conv with gt40p heads and headers, full exhaust, egr removed, and smog pump removed I currently have the timing at tdc and I'm wanting to kno what timing is best for my current set up to get the most power out of it and how do u set it just wanna do the right way.

Thanks for all ur help in advance

·
Banned
8,779 Posts
Re: timing question

Ok I have a 94 conv with gt40p heads and headers, full exhaust, egr removed, and smog pump removed I currently have the timing at tdc and I'm wanting to kno what timing is best for my current set up to get the most power out of it and how do u set it just wanna do the right way.

Thanks for all ur help in advance
Your timing should be at 10° BTDC stock. It can be advanced up to as much as 16° BTDC in some cases, but 12° to 14° is more commonly sustainable. You do not want it to detonate or ping under load or acceleration, so set it so that it does not do that.

If you don't have one, pick up a Chiltons manual for your car. It has many of the procedures you will need for tuning and repairs.

Reactions: workmail21

·
Registered
147 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Ok I got one but I didn't look thru it yet

Now for a dumb question what is btdc I'm thinking before top dead center but wanna b sure

·
Banned
8,779 Posts
Re: timing question

Ok I got one but I didn't look thru it yet

Now for a dumb question what is btdc I'm thinking before top dead center but wanna b sure
That's it. :good:

·
Banned
8,779 Posts
You're Welcome & Good Luck with your project. :good:

1 - 6 of 6 Posts