Mustang Evolution Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
hi, ive been having an intermittent starting issue with my mustang. its a 95 3.8 5 spd. randomly the starter wont crank and the theft light on the dash keeps flashing. sometimes the starter will click but wont turn over. i have checked the battery and connections and im on my 3rd starter since june. it acts like the starter is bad. we are able to push start the car and it runs fine sometimes when you shut it off after push starting it will start again. but today it wont start on its own at all. ive tried disconnecting the battery as well with no luck. anyone know what might be going on? pats system? wiring issue? nothing modified on the car other than an aftermarket coolant gauge...

·
Registered
1,234 Posts
check battery terminals

·
Registered
3,274 Posts
I had a similar issue when my computer died. New computer and pats reprogrammed and she started right up. Is it showing any DTC codes?

·
Registered
2 Posts
one mechanic said it was fuel pump replaced started ran rough then wouldnt restart second mechanic said it was crmm and replaced with used one ran a lil rough on restart no start , not sure now cant read codes so some say possible ecm ? so $350.00 in parts and labor no runnin yet we did try second set of keys still nothing how do u check the pats and what else can we do ? the cant read code issue is kinda head spinning thanks

·
Registered
1 Posts
Hate to bump an old thread but I have had my car down for around 2 1/2 years and now the ignition won’t start the car. Has new ignition switch, good starter, and new battery. The car only ran for as long as the transmission did. It’s also an automatic. Also don’t have power to the obd scanner oddly. Was down 2 years prior to my project. Would I need to reprogram the ecu, or replace it? I’m confused, will try starting by relay.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts