Mustang Evolution Forum banner

1 - 20 of 23 Posts

·
Registered
26 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Bought my 95 gt a fe weeks ago and the previous owner said he replaced the fuel pump but when there is a quarter tank or less and I go around a right hand turn it cuts out from fuel loss also if I give it full throttle it acts as if its not getting enough fuel I need help

·
Banned
8,779 Posts
Bought my 95 gt a fe weeks ago and the previous owner said he replaced the fuel pump but when there is a quarter tank or less and I go around a right hand turn it cuts out from fuel loss also if I give it full throttle it acts as if its not getting enough fuel I need help
I wonder if the "sump" panels inside the tank have broken loose or if the pump was installed correctly?
I'd take the tank out, remove the pump and double check everything just to be sure.

·
Banned
8,779 Posts
Ok will do if it is a bad tank what year mustangs can I use
The body style runs from 94-98, but I don't know if the internals are the same on the 96-98 models with the mod motors.
Check on new tanks, they will usually give you a range of what they will fit.

·
Registered
26 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Well I got rid of the high rpm miss but still cuts out on turns I pulled the tank fuel pump is fine and so is the tank I checked for clogging and I checked and cleaned injectors and fpr

·
Banned
8,779 Posts
Well I got rid of the high rpm miss but still cuts out on turns I pulled the tank fuel pump is fine and so is the tank I checked for clogging and I checked and cleaned injectors and fpr
Fuel is sloshing away from the tank pickup/fuel sock or a delivery inlet or outlet somewhere in the system. If not the tank or filter, I am at a loss as to where else for you to look. The only cure I suppose is to keep it filled to above the 1/4 tank level. :(

·
Registered
26 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Lol yeah thats what I been doing but the fact that I know I still have the issue bugs the $hit out of me

·
Registered
38 Posts
If you drop your tank-GET a filler tube GASKET. Chances are it will break. It's ford order only. Took me a week and a half to finish my fuel pump cause of that.

·
Banned
8,779 Posts
Lol yeah thats what I been doing but the fact that I know I still have the issue bugs the $hit out of me
:confused: It almost has to be the baffles in the tank or the sock collapsing.

·
Banned
8,779 Posts
The gasket is good and the baffles were fine and the sock seamed fine also
I believe you, but there just doesn't seem to be anything else that could cause the issue you describe. :confused:

Were the pump and suction tube firmly fastened?
Is the tank bent in on the bottom anywheres?

·
Banned
8,779 Posts
They were securely fastened and no dents its got me boggled
Me too. :confused:
I'll keep my eyes and ears open for a solution for you.
Maybe something will turn up soon. :good:

1 - 20 of 23 Posts