Mustang Evolution Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have an issue with my '95 GT where it runs perfect with the ac off. When I engage the ac it is fine until I stop at a traffic light. If I keep the ac on, the engine seems to "load up" . When I go to take off from the light the engine stumbles, spits, and sputters and I can smell raw gasoline fumes. It is bad enough, in order to get the car moving, I have to turn off the ac, and then the engine will clear up and run normally. If I turn off the ac prior to getting to the light it is fine and doesn't show any of the above symptoms and it runs normally when I start out from the light.

Frustrating! :dance:

Any help or suggestions you have would be appreciated! thanks!!

·
Registered
3,274 Posts
The A/C compressor could be bad or overcharged, which will eventually blow out the seals and destroy the compressor.

You may also have an alternator problem. It may not be able to keep up with the extra load.

·
Registered
1,344 Posts
Maybe a vacuum leak.

·
Registered
65 Posts
The A/C compressor could be bad or overcharged, which will eventually blow out the seals and destroy the compressor.

You may also have an alternator problem. It may not be able to keep up with the extra load.
Sorry for late answer, I just signed up. I think the battery if it's any good, would contribute any lacking power if the alternator output is low.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts