Mustang Evolution Forum banner

1 - 20 of 33 Posts

·
Registered
800 Posts
Now ya know how I feel when I go from drive the v6 to the Mach1...nuthing like a lil playing with someone... :p

·
Premium Member
2,280 Posts
lol i remember when i used to think cobras meant they were fast.

·
Premium Member
2,280 Posts
when was that? i never had a v6 bro. i was gonna get one but they are all beat up around here. i like the look of a 99+ the most of any car, just looks all agressive and sexy at the same time. id rather have a 99+ GT but thats not in my budget, so i had to downgrade and get the eclipse, which i thought was gonna be ok fast. but if you read my post clicky clicky it seems i underestimated the eclipse. i stayed right next to a cobra all the way from 20 to 90. and im basically stock(intake, exhaust). and he paid a nice 12g's(he told me) for it and 200 a month for insurance, i paid 7500 for the gst and 60 a month for insurance.(its a 96-98 cobra btw). here i thought i was gonna get spanked bad, i just wanted to see how bad. to my suprise, it was better than i ever hoped. wait till i up the boost a little, to about 15lbs, dam. itll be fun.

·
I liek gramer
8,537 Posts
EclipseGSTdude said:
i shut down at 90mph. so we coast to the next stop. they are complete assholes. he goes" haha little 4 banger cant keep up with the big V8" i was like "wtf you payed prolly 12G's for your car, and like 200 bucks a month in insurance
doesnt sound like you took a cobra...

·
Premium Member
2,280 Posts
lol i kept up with a cobra. i stayed right next to him. if i wouldve gone into 4th id take him, but i was going 90 on a 35 already. he does have double the displacement. and he is a cobra.

·
I liek gramer
8,537 Posts
haha. think that falls under reckless endangerment...

whats the official cut off for a stock V6, anybody know? just curious

·
Premium Member
2,280 Posts
it falls under stupid whiteboy wreckless driving. ford cuts it off at like 112 right? the tbird went to 112 in 4th(od) but if you pressed the od off and it shifted back down to 3rd you could make 118 before the computer realized. tricky tricky i am. this guy i know said he was doing 140 with the top down and 3 people in the car and was at 5500 rpm in 5th in a stock gst spyder.

·
Registered
800 Posts
I honestly 1. think the cobra was maybe playing with you, or just didnt know how to drive the thing...

was it a coupe, or a conv. conv will add a bunch more weight to it...I find it hard to believe that you kept up with the Cobra N/A Stock...but props to you if you did

·
Premium Member
2,280 Posts
hard top. i know it wasnt playing, i have a 4.6, i know when its playing and when its in full force, and he was going for it, all 8 cylinders firing. it was such bliss to be next to it and hear the v8 roar, one of the things that never gets old.

1 - 20 of 33 Posts