Mustang Evolution Forum banner

1 - 1 of 1 Posts

·
Registered
320 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I'm thinking of bit by bit upgrading my 96 Cobras suspension. I was wondering how good the suspension is from the factory. Say what parts are upgraded vs a GT?

Are the shocks better and the sway bars? I'm wondering for street use and maybe try my hand at autocross how much improvement will I see by replacing the shocks and sway bars with aftermarket? My first move will be a lowering kit. I already have a bad back from 3 back surgeries and 1 neck surgery so I don't want a bone jarring ride, but I would like to feel more confident taking curves and on/ off ramps at higher speeds. My point of reference would be back in the 80's I had a 79 Saab Turbo. I put KYB shocks on it and had non DOT approved Avon Turbo Speed tires, actually they were Tyres because they were from England. That car handled great and it had such good feedback through the wheel that I could feel the paint lines on the road where there were dashed lines. So what do you recommend as steps for improved handling? I already talked to a friend who has a garage and he said he would help me with the spring. Do you need a spring compressor to replace the springs? Thanks, Spiney-Dave

1 - 1 of 1 Posts