Mustang Evolution Forum banner

1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
35 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey guys I have a 96 gt with a jvc double din touch screen head. I was wondering what speakers would give the best sound quality for their price and what sizes. I wanted to know about both doors as well as the trunk speakers. Also what could I do as far as the tweeters are concerned

·
Registered
51 Posts
Well 6x8s all around. Instead of buying seperate tweeters why not get component speakers? Myself i would go component up front and full range in rear deck. Alpine, pioneer. U can also use 6.5, 5.25 with adapter plates. 5x7 should bolt right in stock location. Kicker speakers also sound great

·
Registered
35 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Well 6x8s all around. Instead of buying seperate tweeters why not get component speakers? Myself i would go component up front and full range in rear deck. Alpine, pioneer. U can also use 6.5, 5.25 with adapter plates. 5x7 should bolt right in stock location. Kicker speakers also sound great
Well the reason I was going to use tweeters is because I already have tweeters in the stock 460 system. And thanks for the input

·
Registered
686 Posts
Hertz speakers are 100% better than anything I've heard. IMO if go tweets up front facing your noggin, mids on the doors coaxial, and probably singles in back. The mids dont need to be important because they play the music to your legs anyways!

·
Registered
686 Posts
Nope! Thats the beauty! You Can get expensive! 700$ tweeters. But they're low end is phenomenal to!

·
Registered
686 Posts
Cool man. I'm gonna look into that!
For sure man. Best speakers I've ever heard. And I've heard Alot. They sound better with an amp ran to them. You can get Pretty loud with the lower end and it would still sound better than Most high end brands

·
Registered
35 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
For sure man. Best speakers I've ever heard. And I've heard Alot. They sound better with an amp ran to them. You can get Pretty loud with the lower end and it would still sound better than Most high end brands
Yea man I ended up going with kenwood. I like them a lot. Next thing to do is look for a sub and amp. Got any suggestions on that?

·
Registered
686 Posts
For sure man. Kenwood is a good brand as well. Same with alpine and JL Audio. But for Subs and Amp, I'd have to say Rockford Fosgate. Though on the expensive side, they perform Very well. What kind of bass are you looking for? Low rumbles that care through the car? Or higher thumps that are great for rock music an all that? 10" subs carry i higher frequency than 12"s and 15"s. and perform way differently too. 10"s punch alot faster and cleaner, whereas, 12"s and 15"s hit a Low note and rattle your soul. Haha depends on the music ya know?

·
Registered
35 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
For sure man. Kenwood is a good brand as well. Same with alpine and JL Audio. But for Subs and Amp, I'd have to say Rockford Fosgate. Though on the expensive side, they perform Very well. What kind of bass are you looking for? Low rumbles that care through the car? Or higher thumps that are great for rock music an all that? 10" subs carry i higher frequency than 12"s and 15"s. and perform way differently too. 10"s punch alot faster and cleaner, whereas, 12"s and 15"s hit a Low note and rattle your soul. Haha depends on the music ya know?
Yea I wasn't going to do subs for awhile seeing as I just put my car in the shop for full exhaust. And then right after, I'm going have my seats redone in leather. So I won't have it for at least 2-3 more weeks.

·
Registered
125 Posts
Hey guys I have a 96 gt with a jvc double din touch screen head. I was wondering what speakers would give the best sound quality for their price and what sizes. I wanted to know about both doors as well as the trunk speakers. Also what could I do as far as the tweeters are concerned
How did you get the double din to fit in your 96? Because I want to add one and the only way I think it would fit is if I get a 01 -04 ac Bezel

·
Premium Member
1,499 Posts
How did you get the double din to fit in your 96? Because I want to add one and the only way I think it would fit is if I get a 01 -04 ac Bezel
You just have to buy a special dash kit for your car. We sell them at my work for 20 buck I can look it up for you.

·
Registered
35 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
I found a double din ac bezel from an 03 cobra. The only difficulty is building the frame for it.

1 - 18 of 18 Posts