Mustang Evolution Forum banner

1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
161 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello new here just purchased a '96 Mystic Cobra and she's performance enhanced with screamin demon coils, BBK cold air intake with K&N filter, BBK headers with cat back exhaust, 6 speed with racing clutch, 18" American Muscle 5 spoke with directionals, fan switch in glove box, sub frame connectors, lowered and these are just what I can see it has to be pushing a bunch over 400 hp because I've driven GTs and TAs but this one she is scary fast!!!

This sweet snake screams it is a blast to drive but I don't know why there are six gears I cannot imagine how fast you'd be going gettin even close to tachin it halfway hard in sixth. But hello my fellows hope all is well in y'alls SVT world!!!!!

20120914_174238.jpg

20120914_182552 (1).jpg

·
Premium Member
26,052 Posts
welcome, get a full list of mods as its not easy to get those N/A 32 V motors to 400hp with out a good many mods since stock they are 305. Regardless they are great cars, the paint on the 96's are very interesting vs the 04 mystichrome they did. Nice car and welcome!

they should have put 6 speeds in them, but they finally did in the 03 cobra.

·
Registered
1,130 Posts
Welcome!
Awesome cobra!!

·
Registered
1,653 Posts
Welcome sir. Now as for the 6 speed think of it as having and extra race gear (5th) instead of bogging down ={„ 5th sucks in a 5 speed. Saweet Cobra man. Welcome to the SVT world.

·
Registered
161 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
Thanks for all the warm welcomes glad to be a member, yup there are a bunch more mods! I have driven lots of hot rods in the 350 hp range like an 02 WS6 which were rated at 325 but are closer to 345 stock and this snake is a monster compared to anything I've been in, like a buddy had if I remember right a 66 or 67 Vette with the 327 365hp in it with still not the kahonies of this Cobra, I didn't get to talk to the owner before me but it was worked over by Valentine Performance. I long for the '70s when I was a teenager and all the muscle cars like my best friends 66 GTX or Larry's Road Runner or even my Moms 67 GTO with a 389 4spd that she used to race up and down The Paseo when I was a kid. Those cars were a dime a dozen when I was a teen man if I knew then what I know now anyways Peace and have a good day my Mustang fellows!!

1 - 17 of 17 Posts