Mustang Evolution Forum banner

1 - 20 of 36 Posts

·
Registered
1,224 Posts
Have you tried unhooking your battery and resetting your car. You could of also crossed plug wires. Look up a wire diagram and make sure they are all in there right spots.

·
Registered
186 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
I did the plugs one at a time so the wires r in the right spot and I just undid the battey ill see if that works

·
Registered
521 Posts
Mine bogged a lot. Just because I had not cats. Before I bought a tuner I had to unplug the battery to reset it every day I drove it. But with the tuner I just turned the o2 sensors off

·
Lorraine's driver
8,195 Posts
I would think the ECU could try to adjust the tune to whatever signal is being sent, so the handheld tuner fakes the signal so the ECU thinks everything is hunky-dory. MIL ellimitaors do the same thing.:good:

·
Lorraine's driver
8,195 Posts
Is it throwing any codes? If you don't have a tuner to check, visit an auto parts store. They can read codes.

·
Registered
1,224 Posts
Did you bolt up your air intake good and tight. Last time I had to take off my intake off I forgot to tighten one of the straps and my car bogged all the time and later found that it was that.

·
Registered
177 Posts
Try unpluging the alternator. It sounds dumb but the alternator sends out a frequence when it goes bad and this frequency will interfere with your cam positioning sensor which will cause a back fire. And just because its still charging the battery doesn't mean its not going bad. Keep us posted on how it goes!

1 - 20 of 36 Posts