Mustang Evolution Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
what must be done for the 96 to 99 v6 conversion.. i understand the 99+ computer will not work in a 96 becuase of security and a few other things. but the 99+ is a returnless system.
just curious what has to be done to make this converison work.
oh its a 5 speed car.
any information would be great

·
Registered
1,286 Posts
just reuse your stock computer and get a chip.

you need the intakes, the heads, a modified fuel rail, the throttle body, the air intake assembly, tune, larger injectors, new maf, some small parts im forgetting, and egr i believe

·
Registered
1,286 Posts
yeah, but you will still need to do other mods. your fuel system is setup for a return style, and the 99 has returnless. you will still need everything listed at least. goto www.v6power.net and do a search. there is a thread with a how-to and all parts needed.

·
Registered
1,552 Posts
I think Steve C on 3.8 used to sell a kit to do the swap didn't he?

·
Registered
1,286 Posts
yeah, he did. Justin00stang also sells the kits now. you have to ask them for the kit because they make very little money off of it since they have to custom fab up a modified fuel rail. but im sure either one will do it for him.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
wouldn't a ford windstar fuel rail fit and work.
and i was just curious if anyone has done it, how does it run. will i need a tune right away?

·
Registered
1,286 Posts
it will fit, but you still need to modify it. the single ports have a fuel regulator on it and you need to cut that off and do some other stuff. same with the fuel rail off an E150 van.

you will need a tune right away. the engine is now making 40 more hp, has a differnet style fuel system, larger injectors, etc.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts